Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi newbie here,

I own the 2014 Diesal Cruze, currently 87K miles. Have had numerous issues with sensors and now Diesel Particular sensor. Dealer is wanting to charge me $440 for parts and labor. I think I read on here this is now under warranty? Also thinking about lemon law on this car. Was in shop last summer than on the road. Just looking to see if anyone else out there having issues too? Criss crossing across northern Michigan!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a current recall # 17089 (recently announced) that replaced the NOx sensor, cleans the Diesel particulate filter and reprograms the ECM to new parameters (of which I don't know what they are.) This is a no cost recall. I had one incident that reduced my power and operating speed. GM fixed it under warranty. I added a unit to boost diesel rail pressure (TDC CR Power Box) It may be a coincidence, but I haven't had an issue since (knock on wood).

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Sorry to hear your having issues with your diesel. I am not aware of any lemon laws with any car with 87k miles.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Registered
821 Posts
That sensor is under special coverage, I had mine fixed under that coverage. Only sensor I have had to replace thus far (knock on wood.)

Also as stated above, your well past the lemon law period.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2014, Cruze Diesel. Had the Heater for the DEF replaced under warranty. Had the Sensor A of the Particulate filter fail or so they said I paid for that. It is now back in the shop and having the ECU replaced broken pin. Just at 88,000 Miles the Ecu they say is under warranty. There is another recall if needed for the Particulate filter but mine is not throwing the right code for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That sensor is under special coverage, I had mine fixed under that coverage. Only sensor I have had to replace thus far (knock on wood.)

Also as stated above, your well past the lemon law period.
I bought a 14 and have had for 3 years now. I would say I have had a check engine light on more than off. It is either dpf, def, or egt sensor or nox sensor. I am really tired of taking to the chev dealer. Mostly I just run it until I am forced to take in for reduced power.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,905 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts