Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2014 Diesel Cruze Wont Start

25733 Views 33 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  ewyborny
My 2014 Cruze with 37K miles wont start all of a sudden. I've never had any problems with the car. Just yesterday I went out to start the car, it cranked and sounded like the timing was off and then shut off. Sometimes it just cranks and doesn't try to start at all. Car is completely stock. Any ideas?
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I remember a couple people on here had issues with stuck EGR and car not starting. I'd tend to go that route rather than fuel or glow plugs, when starting to troubleshoot. Please keep us posted.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I know you are the high miler around here and don't believe in cleaning your MAP sensor but have you had any issues with the EGR on your TD? Did you ever check the EGR to see the actual state the way many of us have done with the MAP sensor? Maybe another maintenance item if one wants to avoid an unpredictable no start issue at an inconvenient time?

The EGR on my F350 6.0L PS crudes up very fast but has not cause a no start yet but has cause irregular turbo operation when extremely cold outside, maybe because I clean it on a regular basis? Thanks.
I've never had an EGR issue. I've never taken a look at it, but it's no doubt a good idea that I do, or at least locate it. I don't even know where it is.

Fuel filter is new, I have about 1/4 tank of fuel left in the car. I'm about to check the EGR valve now. Thanks for all the input, very much appreciated. Almost forgot, I put a scanner on it after cranking it a few times and it pulled code P0335 - Crankshaft Positions Sensors. Anyone know where this is located?
Well it turned out to be a plugged EGR. I pulled it out and sure enough it was stuck open. You guys rock, thanks for helping me out. I guess the P0335 was due to excessive cranking and not starting.
Great to hear you isolated the problem with our help! Did you clean it, or replace it? Did the car start afterwards?

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I would imagine it'd be a good idea for me to pull mine off and take a look. I'm sure it's not pristine at 202K miles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts