Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Cruze with 37K miles wont start all of a sudden. I've never had any problems with the car. Just yesterday I went out to start the car, it cranked and sounded like the timing was off and then shut off. Sometimes it just cranks and doesn't try to start at all. Car is completely stock. Any ideas?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Fuel filter is new, I have about 1/4 tank of fuel left in the car. I'm about to check the EGR valve now. Thanks for all the input, very much appreciated. Almost forgot, I put a scanner on it after cranking it a few times and it pulled code P0335 - Crankshaft Positions Sensors. Anyone know where this is located?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just cleaned the EGR, I soaked it in diesel and used an acid brush to get into the hard to reach areas. After it was cleaned I reinstalled it and the car fired up without any issue at all. Everything seems to be back to normal. I can't believe that it was gunked up so bad with only having 37,000 miles on the odometer. I just might have to look into an EGR delete. I foresee this happening again.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
From a historical maintenance perspective I'm kind of interested in the data on your vehicle i.e. do you drive mostly city or high way miles and about what % city vs hwy, do you buy diesel mostly from high vol truck stops, do you use any diesel fuel additives?

Just wondering whether its the city drivers that are having the most problems with the EGR? My driving is mostly hwy at 60-70 mph at a rate of 120 miles a
day due to work, with only a few local miles on weekends. No problems yet with the EGR and there is 57K miles on the clock. Trying to decide whether I should pull the EGR and clean so that I maintain my goal of the car being available 100% of the time 24/7 with out any unplanned down time except for scheduled "routine" maintenance.

Would consider a short posting of the steps involved for pulling the EGR and any before and after pictures you might have of the cleaning?
The wife drives it 90% of the time. Every couple months we take a 400 mile trip to visit family down in Oregon, when I drive I average about 75-80 MPH on the interstate, on the highway it's usually 65 MPH. Besides that the rest of the time the car is driven mostly in the small town we live in. Once in a while we drive it to the next town to do our larger grocery shopping and that's probably about 30 miles or so at the most.

I did take pics of the EGR while it was all plugged up, I don't think I have the permissions to post pics because I'm not a paying member at this time. I didn't take any after I cleaned it, I was in a hurry to get it installed to see if that was truly the problem.

As far as pulling the EGR valve, all I did was remove the plastic cover on top of the motor and removed the two T-30 Torx bits that bolt it in, there was a bracket that held a small hard line that caught the ear of the EGR so I removed the two 10mm bolts and it allowed for enough clearance to pull the EGR out of its home. The EGR is located on the back side of the engine, basically if you were to look at your firewall and notice the heater core lines going into the cab, it would be directly across from that on the Engine side (hope that makes sense).

Here is a link to the pic of that EGR. https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...9/6405680710559721346?authkey=CMy8s7_x_8q_mgE Hope it works...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts