Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Saw it yesterday. It's not silver as the photo shows but a bronze shade. Many small dents and paint scratches and the wheels are curbed. Announced as having previous structural repairs. Black leather interior. What's the factory warranty on these diesels? What is a good price to pay in this condition?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm assuming the warranty is over or soon to be. so if you get it, dont rely on that covering you if something goes wrong.

I always cringe when I hear structural repairs. Just be careful with that one and dont go over KBB private party value

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,048 Posts
The emissions warranty was pathetically short anyway - shorter than B2B, so B2B ended up covering the majority of the repairs, and that is likely over too (year-wise).

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
The emissions warranty was pathetically short anyway - shorter than B2B, so B2B ended up covering the majority of the repairs, and that is likely over too (year-wise).
I'm not sure about that in all States? Take mine for instance.

The State of California has its own emissions component coverage for 7 years or 70,000 miles. This emissions warranty is an addition to the Federal Emissions Warranty. The California Emissions Warranty covers many more smog parts than the Federal Emissions Warranty for 8/80.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts

Saw it yesterday. It's not silver as the photo shows but a bronze shade. Many small dents and paint scratches and the wheels are curbed. Announced as having previous structural repairs. Black leather interior. What's the factory warranty on these diesels? What is a good price to pay in this condition?
Honestly with previous structural repairs and the appearance of the picture I wouldn't think you could get anything near $9500. This cherry 2014 RS CRUZE was offered here last week for $8500 OBO. Does that auction vehicle come with a clean title?

https://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/54-...rolet-chevy-cruze-rs-package.html#post3199221

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Might check out warranties. I"m not sure they cover salvage vehicles. I"m assuming the car is salvage.

And if it's a salvage. It won't be worth anything near private party value. It won't even be worth blue book worse case value.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Who said anything about salvage? Why did you assume salvage?
I didn't read anything about salvage, I know you as salvage, the Junk man of the Industry. I also know you know your junk. By looking at the hood it looks pretty crappy, like it suffered hail damage or was pelted from cement. I know you mainly trade in distressed vehicles and that one looked like it had a story to tell. What is the opening bid?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,048 Posts
I'm not sure about that in all States? Take mine for instance.

The State of California has its own emissions component coverage for 7 years or 70,000 miles. This emissions warranty is an addition to the Federal Emissions Warranty. The California Emissions Warranty covers many more smog parts than the Federal Emissions Warranty for 8/80.

Last time I read my warranty manual for the Cruze, it was 2 years and 24,000 miles.

If they did extend it, then I think they may owe me some money for **** I've/they've replaced before 80k miles.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just want to try the diesel version. With the low miles it will go for more than I want to pay, especially to online buyers who don't see all the close up blemishes. And I'm not feeling that bronze color.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I always thought diesels were happiest on highways. At 22K for a 2014, it might take some work to make that engine happy.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I would be most interested in it’s service history and any previous damage that may have occurred. My recommendation would be find a car you have much better information on. I don’t think miles alone is the barometer on this car or honestly any other car either.

·
Registered
431 Posts
A Carfax would be a starting point. Structural damage could be a non-starter for some as mentioned prior.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
With 22,000 miles just how much service could it have missed? And it's hard enough to find a one year old car that hasn't had a fender bender or other accident. I assume a 4 year old car would be insured so any body repairs were performed to a basic standard of quality. If I really wanted it I'd pull the Carfax, and in the unlikely event I do buy it, at that price I won't really care what it says.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
With 22,000 miles just how much service could it have missed? And it's hard enough to find a one year old car that hasn't had a fender bender or other accident. I assume a 4 year old car would be insured so any body repairs were performed to a basic standard of quality. If I really wanted it I'd pull the Carfax, and in the unlikely event I do buy it, at that price I won't really care what it says.
It’s not a matter of missed service, it’s a matter of was the proper oil put it, early on cars were going to dealers and over filled on oil, read some of the older posts in the diesel section and you may better understand what I am referring to. I had my diesel for almost three years and had almost no issues, def tank replaced under warranty, and the EGR value stuck open and it wouldn’t start, cleaned it and no more issues. I drove mine to 71k and didn’t have any other issues. There were members having major emission problems pretty early on. If I were buying without good information I wouldn’t pay very much for it. Rather be pleasantly surprised in a good way than oh $hit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts