Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a issue I think.
I noticed today that my def tank haa stayed full for a few months now.
a few months ago I got a code The particulate error. I bought a new party online. Aftermarket one. The sensor was put into the back of the exhaust pipe. The code almost immediately went away.
I have noticed I don’t smell the smell I use to when letting it idle during burn off.
any ideas?

Thank you

·
Registered
2014 Cruze Diesel
94 Posts
DEF lasts a long time in these cars. They don't have a proper float gauge like a fuel tank, it just uses probes. If they are all covered in DEF it considers the tank full no matter what. When one probe gets uncovered it will say it's 25% full (or something close to that), then when the next probe is uncovered it will say it's empty and start a countdown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DEF lasts a long time in these cars. They don't have a proper float gauge like a fuel tank, it just uses probes. If they are all covered in DEF it considers the tank full no matter what. When one probe gets uncovered it will say it's 25% full (or something close to that), then when the next probe is uncovered it will say it's empty and start a countdown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to add in the tank itself. It was nearly at the top still.
if I had a problem would I have a code light come in?
I guess I’m worried I never smell it and something may be clogged.
I still get great gas mileage.

·
Registered
2014 Cruze TD
1,011 Posts
These tanks take a long time to go down. If you fill it full, you'll put like 10-15k miles on it before you need to add more.

The tank will say 100% until it gets to 36%, then it will go down 1% at a time. I don't know why but that's what they do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts