Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my foglight bulbs with some 6500k LED bulbs to match my headlights. My question is, they are the SpecD fogs and they have H8 Halogens in them now. What is the difference in H8/H11/etc bulbs? What can I use?
Anyone have 6500k's in there foglights? What bulb did you use?

·
Registered
803 Posts
The diff between H8/H11 is the power they draw (35w vs 55w). The H8 or other low power bulbs are usually designated for fogs. Since they don't require massive light output as they are not intended to be a driving light.

You say "to match my headlights". HID or LED?

If its HID then chances are your NOT going to get an exact match with a LED. The color scale for both light sources is going to be different (despite being the same color temperature). You might be able to get close but it depends on how picky you are.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The headlights are LED. So should I just stick with the H8 or will a H11 be ok?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Blake, I've been looking too...xml2 by diode dynamics looks legit... but it's the fitment i think i would have to remove the housing to change bulbs... but no one will confirm... ive got opt7 led headlights and id say they are 6500k color temp

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice, what 'color temp" are those

Did you have to remove the housing to get bulbs in?

Yellow.
Installation was a royal pain in the ass. Didn't want to drop the front bumper so went and removed the air guides. From there removed the fog light housings, inserted the XML2 (which is ******* enormous btw) and carefully put them back in. NOT a lot of room doing it this way, need a friend with smaller hands.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Haha okay cool just wanted to verify someone whos done such task had what I had intended before i go and buy and wastetime and money. Thanks!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts