Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today when I took my Lexus to the dealer to get the oil changed, I test drove a 2014 Lexus IS250 F-Sport awd, I love the car so much. VERY fun to drive, even though it was AWD it was slow, meaning it would probably do 0-60 in 8.5-9 seconds with the AC on. I do not want the awd, but, the RWD isn't available in my area. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an entry level luxury sports sedan!

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Honestly, I've been a fan of the look for a while, but I sat in one at a car show and wasn't a huge fan. Its a great... erm... luxury car though.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
My mom owns a Lexus RX 350 so I've spent some time around the Lexus dealer.

1) I can't call the IS 250 a "sports sedan" because it is slower than a tuned Cruze.

2) The sales guys all told me the 350 is way better, you gain a ton of meat and don't lose much (if any) real world fuel economy despite what the EPA claims.

3) AWD is all they want to sell in the Northeast but AWD sucks balls I'd never buy it. Put some snows on if you really are concerned about weather and call it a day. It is not worth the AWD fuel economy hit and added weight.

4) The Lexus IS is actually stunning. However, it is TINY!!!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The awd is almost a full second slower to 60. Awd is a very nice thing to have, but I have no need for it so I would want RWD and I could stick it out through the snow with the summer tires if need be. I am getting a Cruze for now though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.