Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have a '14 Cruze LS w/ 28k miles. While i was driving last night; I got a CEL. Checked it out this morning at autozone, and its code P0597 Thermostat Heater Control Circuit/Open.

I have afew mods: k&n sri, spyder projector headlights w/ morimoto hids with relay harness, a 12" sub 1kwatt amp, and different speakers. Im hoping im okay taking it into the dealership tomorrow t-t

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Common failure - the thermostat has failed. I'd take the K&N off but the rest of the mods should be ok.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Common failure - the thermostat has failed. I'd take the K&N off but the rest of the mods should be ok.
im going to try with the K&N on since theres no way it can affect the thermostat, but it should be under warranty yah?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
This is a warranty item - you're still under the B2B as well. The only reason I recommended removing the K&N is you may get a service manager who tries to invalidate any warranty claim for any reason. I agree nothing you've done is related but the K&N is the only item that may impact the ability to fix this. The thermostat and water pump are under the air filter - not directly, but enough that it might be used as a reason to deny a warranty claim.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a warranty item - you're still under the B2B as well. The only reason I recommended removing the K&N is you may get a service manager who tries to invalidate any warranty claim for any reason. I agree nothing you've done is related but the K&N is the only item that may impact the ability to fix this. The thermostat and water pump are under the air filter - not directly, but enough that it might be used as a reason to deny a warranty claim.
i took off the kn to avoid any problems thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts