Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2014 Cruze LT 1.4 with 85k and quickly found out it had quite the list of repair needs.
Most pressing is the rather large oil leak that continues to grow and cause more damage. It seems to be coming from whatever is above the alternator and next to the serpentine belt.. There is globs of oil on the motor mount covering the belt and the surrounding area. Its all over the alternator and hoses and bottom of the car. Recently it started burning that oil and smoking and there is globs splattered in bigger area than before. For the past two days my Battery Saver Activated DIC lights been coming on. I have a fear it's the oil soaker alternator.
On the list of repair needs was the oil pan gasket.. wouldn't the oil be leaking from underneath? Any idea where it could be coming from? What more info do you need?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,574 Posts
If you do need an alternator I have a known good working used one. It’ll just cost you shipping.

·
Premium Member
2012 Cruze LTZ 1989 StarQuest 2004 TrialBlazer EXT
846 Posts
I would look at the crank seal.. Spray off the oily face of the motor with brake clean.. then run the car for a couple minutes and see if you can tell where its coming from for certain.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,990 Posts
I bought my 2014 Cruze LT 1.4 with 85k and quickly found out it had quite the list of repair needs.
Most pressing is the rather large oil leak that continues to grow and cause more damage. It seems to be coming from whatever is above the alternator and next to the serpentine belt.. There is globs of oil on the motor mount covering the belt and the surrounding area. Its all over the alternator and hoses and bottom of the car. Recently it started burning that oil and smoking and there is globs splattered in bigger area than before. For the past two days my Battery Saver Activated DIC lights been coming on. I have a fear it's the oil soaker alternator.
On the list of repair needs was the oil pan gasket.. wouldn't the oil be leaking from underneath? Any idea where it could be coming from? What more info do you need?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

After cleaning off the engine as Mr_Pat suggests, Read the following and inspect for the orange nipple. Multiple oil leaks can be caused by an over pressurized engine.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts