Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, wondering if anyone has a way or has heard of a way to update MyLink so that I can install Android Auto or even mirror my phone on it. We own 2 of the 2014 models, love the cars, we came from a Jetta TDI but I have been a Chevy guy for YEARS. Anyhow I am hoping someone can help.
Thanks, Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
No and never. Blame GM. **** like this happens all the time where they ditch support for a new system. And in two years the new system will be defunct with no more updates....

You could go aftermarket but aftermarket is terrible and doesn't work. Best option is really to retrofit a new GM system.... I'd give it a few months, and it'll cost about $2,000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking on the web and seen some have hacked in and updated the firmware, looks like older mylink.... and were able to mirror their phones etc. I know GM has been updating 2015 with 7 inch screen but they do not offer it on 2014 with 7 inch screen, just sucks and hard to believe no one has done a firmware update on these cars.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I drove a rented 2016 Limited with the small "green screen" radio. It's all in the options you select when you buy. I haven't heard of any retrofit program for any of the Gen 1 line.

·
Registered
692 Posts
It's not like I've read about a lot of problems that drivers have with mylink going out, or the radio quitting. But I would not do anything to try to upgrade / update / modify what I have in my car, because I don't have the money to buy a new radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts