Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Cruze to Borrow Impala Design Cues

I personally wouldn't mind this redesign to the North American Cruze sedan as much as the other redesign they have already did in the other Cruze markets. I personally might miss the honeycomb grill but I do think these headlights and fogs look very grown and sexy in this picture (although only a chop picture). I've always liked a more squared off front end of a car because to me it looks more aggressive and manly and I think the more curved/rounded front end of the current Cruze is why I don't always like it in side view pictures, so it's cool to see that the 2014 Cruzes will be getting a more squared front end.

Maybe they will be able to get rid of the plastic triangle pillar we all hate too!

What do you guys think of this? Will this upcoming new design have you ready to hold off on the 2013's that will hitting the lots here soon or maybe even ready to trade in your current Cruze for this one when it comes?! And since this new design would take place in mid 2013 as a 2014 Cruze, will chevy still build the upcoming 2013 Cruzes or just stop it and strictly build this 2014 Cruze?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like the design of the front end. Curious to see if they will make any changes to rear of the vehicle. I would possibly consider trading in my '11 1LT for it.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Looks like a Toyota Corolla or Volkswagen Jetta. In other words, bland.

I like the current design better. They've got to keep it fresh, though. I'd rather not see a repeat of the 90's and early 00's where a lot of GM cars looked identical except the badge on the hood.

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
First, Autoguide beat you to it:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/3-ch...evy-cruze-recalled-fire-risk-all-them-29.html

I'm not trying to be rude, but we had half a dozen threads on the recall. Can we not repeat that?

I like the current design better. They've got to keep it fresh, though. I'd rather not see a repeat of the 90's and early 00's where a lot of GM cars looked identical except the badge on the hood.
Agreed.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Truthfully this new design isn't too far from the front end of a 2012 Honda Civic sedan either. I guess it's just hard to be original anymore, although I do think the current Cruze's front end is somewhat unique, or maybe not? When it comes down to it, I like this new design more than the other redesign I saw, but personally think I will still like and want the current US design more and so I really hope to purchase a 2013 Cruze before its too late and I have no choice but to buy it with the new designed front end.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wonder if there will still be an RS pkg for the 2014 model year and if it will still have a unique looking front bumper cover.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wonder if there will still be an RS pkg for the 2014 model year and if it will still have a unique looking front bumper cover.
Good question. Don't know what else you could add to that front end though that isn't already there? Maybe the LED, chromed out foglights wouldn't come standard and would have to be part of a ordered RS package?

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...MY question is: WHY is GM playing the 'refresh' game in 2013 with the Cruze, when the very next year (2014) it's scheduled for a "major" redesign?

Reactions: Starks8

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
...MY question is: WHY is GM playing the 'refresh' game in 2013 with the Cruze, when the very next year (2014) it's scheduled for a "major" redesign?
I think the refresh is from monitoring this forum. Most of the new items in the 'refresh' appear to be items we have complained about not being able to get. Other than the redesigned splash shield there aren't any obvious body panel changes for 2013.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the refresh is from monitoring this forum. Most of the new items in the 'refresh' appear to be items we have complained about not being able to get. Other than the redesigned splash shield there aren't any obvious body panel changes for 2013.
What things will this Cruze with the redesign have that forum members have complained about not having, LED lights?

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
What things will this Cruze with the redesign have that forum members have complained about not having, LED lights?
I think the main thing people have "complained" about is that there is very little wrong with this car. I guess they want to fix that...

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the main thing people have "complained" about is that there is very little wrong with this car. I guess they want to fix that...
Hahaha, don't know if I'd agree with that 100%! There are lots of refinements that need to be done to this car before I would say that there is very little wrong with this car. However in my opinion the current exterior design of the cruze isn't bad enough to warrant complaints that it needs to be changed.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Maybe they're going back to the '50s & '60s where the body changed almost completely every year?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like 2013 is the year for me then if I go with a Cruze. That rendering is very bland. Not a fan of the Jetta at all, and this is very similar to it. Gimme a current body style with the diesel and I think I can be happy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like 2013 is the year for me then if I go with a Cruze. That rendering is very bland. Not a fan of the Jetta at all, and this is very similar to it. Gimme a current body style with the diesel and I think I can be happy.
My order of a fully loaded 1LT cruze has me much happier now seeing what may exist. Although my loaded 2LT with leather is looking good too. But with my cleaning habits, leather seems like a terrible idea.

My main issue is the price difference: 24,845 before any rebates or trade for a 2LT versus 22,915. So $1,930 for leather, and various other features. So $25 a month extra? Eh.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
My order of a fully loaded 1LT cruze has me much happier now seeing what may exist. Although my loaded 2LT with leather is looking good too. But with my cleaning habits, leather seems like a terrible idea.

My main issue is the price difference: 24,845 before any rebates or trade for a 2LT versus 22,915. So $1,930 for leather, and various other features. So $25 a month extra? Eh.
I not sure if I like it or not but on another note have you already order your 2013 cruze did you order 1LT or a 2LT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I not sure if I like it or not but on another note have you already order your 2013 cruze did you order 1LT or a 2LT.
Honestly, both. One dealer has the 1LT, the other the 2LT. So as we get closer to delivery and pricing becomes available, I can see what the actual pricing difference is. MSRP is, but not invoice/GMS. Both know the other exists, so I'm not hiding that. If the 2LT dealer can get close with financing to the 1LT, obviously I'd prefer the upgrades.

1LT with technology, all-star and drivers conv and technology
2LT with pioneer, moonroof, drivers conv (all star isnt available, as both options are stand alone options for same price)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts