Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!
I have all 4 17" Polished Forged Aluminum wheels that came on the car that I'm getting rid of.
I had to put some aftermarket wheels on the car as these started to corrode with the Michigan elements causing air to leak.
They can be refinished which is what I was going to do in my spare time and have them powder coated. I simply don't have the time to take on the project so I'm looking to give them to someone who wants them to take on a project.
It makes me extremely sad as I LOVED these wheels, but had to settle for some aftermarket wheels so I didn't have to keep putting air in the tires every single day.
I'm giving them away, for free. I'd like to give them to someone who will enjoy bringing them back to life and not just scrap them.

I'm located in Michigan near Troy.
Local pickup only, if you want to drive to come pick them up that's cool but not looking to ship as it would be a fortune.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,582 Posts
It's a shame you don't have the time - QC Coatings over in Shelby Township will do a great job powdercoating these for ya, especially since they're already sans tires. Pretty minimal time investment for you, just drop em off and pick them up (plus the drive, which isn't too awful from Troy to 23 and Schoenherr-ish).

They're about 3 weeks out timing-wise, as my buddy just dropped off a set of Commander wheels for his WK1 that were leaking like crazy, but they do awesome work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a shame you don't have the time - QC Coatings over in Shelby Township will do a great job powdercoating these for ya, especially since they're already sans tires. Pretty minimal time investment for you, just drop em off and pick them up (plus the drive, which isn't too awful from Troy to 23 and Schoenherr-ish).

They're about 3 weeks out timing-wise, as my buddy just dropped off a set of Commander wheels for his WK1 that were leaking like crazy, but they do awesome work.
@MP81 thanks for the information! I will give them a call tomorrow to see how much it would cost to do so from them! Sure would be nice to use them again and keep the other set for winter tires.
Much appreciated for the response!

·
COTM Winner
6,582 Posts
@MP81 thanks for the information! I will give them a call tomorrow to see how much it would cost to do so from them! Sure would be nice to use them again and keep the other set for winter tires.
Much appreciated for the response!
Absolutely! Would hate to see you get rid of the wheels if they're something that a simple powdercoat will make useable again!

·
Registered
2014 LS, 1.8L MT, "Hot Red" + Wing
25 Posts
I would be really interested if it wasn't such a drive. I am looking for some because they are lighter than the steelies I have on my LS of the same year.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
666 Posts
Wish I lived closer I'm looking to get mine redone place down the road powercoats. Ill have them redone around summertime

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
666 Posts
Wonder if mine is corroded. Been filling up the drivers side front tire everyday. It loses a few pounds per day.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Wonder if mine is corroded. Been filling up the drivers side front tire everyday. It loses a few pounds per day.
The paint is literally flying off my diesel rims as if it was sandblasted. I don’t put the chrome corrosion outside of GM wheelhouse

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
I would take the wheel/car to a tire store and tell them what is going on and at least have them reinstall the tire on tthe wheel if they cannot find anything like a nail or leak of sorts.

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
666 Posts
I would take the wheel/car to a tire store and tell them what is going on and at least have them reinstall the tire on tthe wheel if they cannot find anything like a nail or leak of sorts.
I was thinking the same thing. Ill go next week and let everyone know what they say.

·
COTM Winner
6,582 Posts
I would absolutely take these off your hand if they fit on the diesel pattern
It's a shame they don't - they're so **** light.

The paint is literally flying off my diesel rims as if it was sandblasted. I don’t put the chrome corrosion outside of GM wheelhouse
It's pretty typical these days - my buddy that I mentioned earlier was seeing his tires drop down to 8psi in only a few days. Both Discount and the powdercoat shop I suggested to the OP were absolutely appalled at the condition of the beads.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
It's a shame they don't - they're so **** light.

It's pretty typical these days - my buddy that I mentioned earlier was seeing his tires drop down to 8psi in only a few days. Both Discount and the powdercoat shop I suggested to the OP were absolutely appalled at the condition of the beads.
For the size and those weigh they are amazing plus they look good too. Wish they fit.

Reactions: Diamond193

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,315 Posts
Hello All!
I have all 4 17" Polished Forged Aluminum wheels that came on the car that I'm getting rid of.
I had to put some aftermarket wheels on the car as these started to corrode with the Michigan elements causing air to leak.
They can be refinished which is what I was going to do in my spare time and have them powder coated. I simply don't have the time to take on the project so I'm looking to give them to someone who wants them to take on a project.
It makes me extremely sad as I LOVED these wheels, but had to settle for some aftermarket wheels so I didn't have to keep putting air in the tires every single day.
I'm giving them away, for free. I'd like to give them to someone who will enjoy bringing them back to life and not just scrap them.

I'm located in Michigan near Troy.
Local pickup only, if you want to drive to come pick them up that's cool but not looking to ship as it would be a fortune.
Is this still available or can I close the post?

Will be automatically closed in approx. 30 days without a response.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.