Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,745 Posts
It's a shame you don't have the time - QC Coatings over in Shelby Township will do a great job powdercoating these for ya, especially since they're already sans tires. Pretty minimal time investment for you, just drop em off and pick them up (plus the drive, which isn't too awful from Troy to 23 and Schoenherr-ish).

They're about 3 weeks out timing-wise, as my buddy just dropped off a set of Commander wheels for his WK1 that were leaking like crazy, but they do awesome work.

·
COTM Winner
6,745 Posts
@MP81 thanks for the information! I will give them a call tomorrow to see how much it would cost to do so from them! Sure would be nice to use them again and keep the other set for winter tires.
Much appreciated for the response!
Absolutely! Would hate to see you get rid of the wheels if they're something that a simple powdercoat will make useable again!

·
COTM Winner
6,745 Posts
I would absolutely take these off your hand if they fit on the diesel pattern
It's a shame they don't - they're so **** light.

The paint is literally flying off my diesel rims as if it was sandblasted. I don’t put the chrome corrosion outside of GM wheelhouse
It's pretty typical these days - my buddy that I mentioned earlier was seeing his tires drop down to 8psi in only a few days. Both Discount and the powdercoat shop I suggested to the OP were absolutely appalled at the condition of the beads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.