Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody found a fix for this? The dealer has already replaced the rear passenger side shock. Problem still there.

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
Check that the rubber cushions (insulators) are on both upper and lower ends of the springs.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Also check to see if its actually outside and not inside. Could be where the back seats attached when they are up. I had a rattle in mine and had to put some foam behind the plastic cover behind the seats and it went away. It was worse it was cold and did sound like a suspension problem at first.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Has anybody found a fix for this? The dealer has already replaced the rear passenger side shock. Problem still there.
Hello mariahcruze,

We’re saddened to hear you’re continuing to experience concerns with your 2014 Cruze. If you’d like, we can certainly touch base with the involved dealership and review this further. Please send us a direct message with your VIN, mileage, contact information and the name of your dealership. We look forward to speaking with you further and working towards a solution.

Sincerely,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
279 Posts
I bet if you check under the rear of car at the rear brake calipers you will find your trouble. I searched for a long time until I found the issue. Mine started at around 17k miles. Sounded like it was coming from trunk on passenger side. Never could find it, and would only do it on bumpy roads and rough pavement. One day I just happened to apply the brakes lightly and the noise disappeared while I was applying. Let off, and noise would come back. The problem on mine is the rear brake pads and caliper bolt rattling. Have not found a fix as of yet, not a safety issue, but kinda nice knowing that is where it is coming from. If you will grab the bottom caliper bolt and gently shake it, you will probably hear the rattle. Both of my rear calipers do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts