Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 cruze and a year or two ago GM kept sending me a notice to get the 2014 tune. Now the nearest dealership is 10 miles and it's a first come first serve deal. With that in mind I still haven't had the '14 tune.
What do they tune? Yes I know they tune the engine, but what part? Timing, fuel to O2 ratio ect? Is it worth it? My cruze seems to be running fine. Oh GM is is no longer sending me the notices. Perhaps time has expired and I don't need to be concerned?
Cheers gentlemen...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have a 2012 and I have the open recall for the tune as well. The only tune modification that I'm aware of is concerns with not meeting emissions under 100% throttle under certain operating conditions.

I've gotten 35-37 mpg under my driving conditions since the day it was new. There were members who had over 200,000 on the factory tune without harming engine.

You would have to search "emission recall" to see what was done. I can't remember if it was too rich and they leaned it out? Not sure.

With the electronic throttle body, the engine can and does command 100% throttle without the pedal being fully depressed so it's possible every car could be an emissions issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts