Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! This is my first post and I admit to knowing very basic things about cars. However, I do know bad noises but I need help in figuring out what it is.

I was in a wreck back in July and my driver side front was heavily damaged. I got it back the first week of August from the body shop.

The last couple of weeks I've noticed a thumping noise when I decelerate, and a popping noise when I turn left. I dropped it off at the dealer this morning and they said they didn't hear anything and didn't see anything and aligned the car.

I had my oil changed and an alignment a month ago at another dealer. I find it hard to believe that an alignment would make that much racket, but again I don't have much car knowledge. My stepdad knows much more than me when it comes to cars. He's heard the noise and thinks it might be a CV joint, though I don't know why that wouldn't have been inspected or replaced when it was being fixed in July.

Any suggestions? I don't feel comfortable driving it on the interstate to work every day.

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,546 Posts
From your description, does the noise happen once when doing either of the aforementioned things, or is it cyclical, like with the rotation of the wheels?

My first suspicion would be a damaged wheel bearing if it's cyclical in nature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After taking my car in three times, I've just been told by the dealer that both of my rear drum brakes had gone bad and that they've been replaced under my warranty. They said that the noise has stopped.

I don't know how they went bad so fast, or if that was normal wear and tear, but wanted to post the resolution and close out this topic.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,546 Posts
After taking my car in three times, I've just been told by the dealer that both of my rear drum brakes had gone bad and that they've been replaced under my warranty. They said that the noise has stopped.

I don't know how they went bad so fast, or if that was normal wear and tear, but wanted to post the resolution and close out this topic.
That's indeed an odd one. Usually they just squeal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts