Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what would cause the keyless door locks to suddenly just stop working? I read in the manual that you can temporarily disable the keyless door locks however the locks are supposed to be enabled after the next vehicle start. Mine, meaning all four doors, no longer work...for a few days now. ????

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
It's possible the receiver in the car has failed. I'm assuming neither remote is working. If it's just one remote I'd check the other remote for battery and/or loss of programming. Unless you drive a lot your car is still under the B2B warranty, which includes the keyless remotes. Take it in to your favorite Chevy dealership and have them look at it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Door actuator? Keyless fob itself? Do the other buttons on the fob work like trunk release, etc. and if the car has under 35k miles just bring it to a dealer and get her fixed for free

2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ 1.4L Turbo

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'm wondering if a switch is stuck, so the module is ignoring any other buttons. Or, perhaps a door antenna is bad - that would affect both doors on that side. While the schematic shows the buttons and antennas are wired separately, they could be wired in parallel or serial inside the module such that one bad item affects more things.

If the trunk works and the car starts normally, it's not a problem with the receiver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my 2014 Cruze LT1 the key fobs stop working ~30 minutes after I lock the car. When I unlock the car the alarm sounds and I can turn it off when hitting the unlock on the fobs. Then either fob works normally again. In my case both fobs don't work when I can't unlock it wireless. and they both have new batteries. I believe the door lock receiver is faulty and going to sleep or some sort of halt or timeout mode.

The dealer just ordered me a new door lock receiver and will see if it fixes the problem. Their are two versions of the door lock receiver; one for key-less start, and another one w/o key-less start option.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
2032 battery should read 3.3 Volts, even 3.2 volts is bad. Don't want any fingerprints on it, salt causes contact corrosion. Batteries that came with my remotes were crap, made in Inida, no name. Installed Duracell Medical grade batteries, were still good some four years later. More expensive initially, but a lot cheaper long term.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts