Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
82xxx Miles. I am posting here because i am not sure what to do as of right now. As of recently i am having squealing near my pulley, rough idles (stumbling sound), terrible gas mileage, and electrical issues(out of no where). I just replaced the water pump a month ago and had no issues till now with the belts. I took it into my school (College) to look at it for me, and was told i threw almost 30 codes for my electrical saying short at ground and a few others. i got 3 codes for the air intake pressure and that my car is running lean. they tried doing something but i didnt have the time. currently i am having issues at idle such as, when i come to a stop it will now bounce between 800 RPM and 1000 RPM, when i start the car it sounds like it is surging but from a low rpm to a higher (800 up to 1000). My display pops up randomly to service traction control and stabilitrak. I am currently trying to not drive it, but with school and work i am trying to find a solution. i was researching and was told this is a common issue with the Cruze and that it is most likely the PCV or at the Diaphram. Please help thank you.

(also, my oil consumption is quite worrying for i was low a quart with in a month NO LEAKS)
updates to come soon.

Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
was the electrical issue a recall?

From the linked article:

"What We Have Done: General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the condition described above. If this condition occurs on your 2011-2015 model year Chevrolet Cruze within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. "

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the linked article:

"What We Have Done: General Motors is providing owners with additional protection for the condition described above. If this condition occurs on your 2011-2015 model year Chevrolet Cruze within 10 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. "
thanks i dont know how i missed that, i called my local dealer and they said they can look at it but if that is not the issue i will have to pay for the inspection which they want 150 for that. So im gonna try and go look my self

Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
I just ordered a new negative cable myself and installed it. Not worth screwing with the dealer for it specifically.

Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
This is what I would call a presumptive condition. The dealer only needs to take your word that you have a bunch of electrical anomaly's and they need to replace the cable, basically no questions asked.

Special Coverage #14311: Negative Battery Cable

If you can, posting the codes will help us help you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts