Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out where the oil leak is coming from on my Chevy below I’ve posted a picture of where it’s leaking. It does not indicate my oil is low, seems to only leak after I’ve driven the car, oil burns off quickly after about five minutes of the car being warmed up and then you do not smell the oil burning off again until you drive the car the next time. As you can see from the photo it seems to be leaking under oil filter compartment. I wiped around the oil filter compartment and found no traces of oil.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,574 Posts
What engine do you have? I am guessing oil cooler seals if you smell it burning then it's dripping onto the exhaust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.4 liter and yes I can smell it burning off when my car warms up. Today I drove it down to the store to get it heated up fairly quickly and when I came back I open the hood immediately and I could see it smoking from that area and I could see visible oil there on the metal part that’s how I figured out it was leaking in that area so I took a picture of it

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,574 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Correct my if I'm wrong, but that is a 1.8l.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive engine gasket Automotive exterior Automotive design

Still the same, the seals turn hard, shrink and start leaking. On mine i had the cooler leak oil into the coolant.

Advice to scrap the seal area smooth with a long razor and finish with a fine grit sand paper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not seeing any oil in the coolant yet I think the leak started about a month ago and is very slow as my oil levels are Normal when car is cold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts