Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I got my 2015 Chevy Cruze in July of 2018 already used at 18K miles. Since then, I've driven the mileage up to 81K miles and recently, at times when I come to a stop at a red light or stop sign, my car starts to jerk and the engine will suddenly turn off, thus having me to turn off then turn on my car again.

Can anyone please tell me or help me out on what the issue is? Thanks in advance

- Joseph

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,594 Posts
Is the check engine light on and any codes stored? Auto parts stores will read CEL codes for free.

More info - 1.4 turbo (LT, LTZ, Eco), or 1.8L non-turbo (LS - no badge on trunk)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the check engine light on and any codes stored? Auto parts stores will read CEL codes for free.

More info - 1.4 turbo (LT, LTZ, Eco), or 1.8L non-turbo (LS - no badge on trunk)?
Actually, my check engine light just turned on earlier today. I don't think there is any code on it?

And it's a non-turbo

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,594 Posts
Actually, my check engine light just turned on earlier today. I don't think there is any code on it?

And it's a non-turbo
There will be codes stored in the computer that can be read with an OBD2 scan tool.

Getting those codes will greatly help us troubleshoot here.

Don't trust what the parts store guys say IS the issue - especially if you see codes for O2 sensors, etc. The sensors help diagnose a problem, but they are usually NOT the root issue on these cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There will be codes stored in the computer that can be read with an OBD2 scan tool.

Getting those codes will greatly help us troubleshoot here.

Don't trust what the parts store guys say IS the issue - especially if you see codes for O2 sensors, etc. The sensors help diagnose a problem, but they are usually NOT the root issue on these cars.
That's hilarious, it was the O2 sensors that were the original diagnostics from the code reader at AutoZone.

Going on reddit, ppl have described this consisten issue as the ignition coil and spark plugs needing to be replaced. Does this seem to be a common issue among Cruze's?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Turbo? Check for boost leaks. And yes, for sure get an OBD2 bluetooth interface,. They are dirt cheap for the power they have (especially compared to how they are now if you were to get one back in the day).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts