Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently just had HID headlights installed from a nearby shop. I had problems with the HIDs, as they one would not be the same color, or one side wouldn't turn on. I had them replaced once already, and the problem is still there. The shop just ordered a new set of bulbs to see if they happen to be bad again.

I told them that I would much rather just purchase LED headlights. They told me that they cannot install the LED headlights because apparently that the sensor on top of the dash will burn out the LED's during the day. Is this true? They said I would have to put tape around the sensor so the LEDs would stay on at all times. Is this true???

Can someone give me a suggestion the LEDs? The reason why I originally wanted to swap out the old bulbs to HID or LED, is so they could match the running lights at the bottom at the front of the car.

What is everyones opinion on this?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I recently just had HID headlights installed from a nearby shop. I had problems with the HIDs, as they one would not be the same color, or one side wouldn't turn on. I had them replaced once already, and the problem is still there. The shop just ordered a new set of bulbs to see if they happen to be bad again.

I told them that I would much rather just purchase LED headlights. They told me that they cannot install the LED headlights because apparently that the sensor on top of the dash will burn out the LED's during the day. Is this true? They said I would have to put tape around the sensor so the LEDs would stay on at all times. Is this true???

Can someone give me a suggestion the LEDs? The reason why I originally wanted to swap out the old bulbs to HID or LED, is so they could match the running lights at the bottom at the front of the car.

What is everyones opinion on this?
I've been running LEDs for about a year and a half, never had a bulb go bad..

I have an '11 chevy cruze so I dont have the factory LED strip, when your car turns on do the LEDs replace the DRL in the headlight housing?

So to get the DRL low beam in the headlight housing you would need to run power from the switch or the strip lights to the led bulb, so it could run as a supplemental DRL and then low beam

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
803 Posts
Its a good thing the HIDs didn't work out for you. No one should be putting in a HID kit in a 1st Gen Cruze headlamp. EVER.

The issue with the light sensor on the dash burning out LEDs is nonsense. Get your money back and walk away from this shop.

Before you purchase a pair of LED bulbs, research my previous posts (http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=36176234) about the subject. 99% of ALL LED bulbs in a H13 application are JUNK. Only a handful are good.

Please research.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That link did not work. Can you give me a link to the type of LEDs I can purchase, and install?

The proper LEDs to match the LED strips on the bottom of the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts