Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

After looking at the boards it looks like many have had the same issue as me.

Noticed a wet smell and water in my trunk under the floorboard last week. Cleaned it up and it continues to happen. Took it to the dealership last week and was estimated $800+ to find and fix the problem which I'm not super into.

The problem is becoming worse and my trunk is hardly every dry (doesn't help living in BC, Canada) and we've found mold on the floorboard. After removing the floorboard and looking it over, my husband believes the water is coming through the right tail light.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what to do? I've been looking into seals/gaskets online in Canada and haven't had much luck.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2018 Cruze ls, 1.4L turbo 6 speed auto.
3 Posts
Hey,

Noticed a wet smell and water in my trunk under the floorboard last week. Cleaned it up and it continues to happen. Took it to the dealership last week and was estimated $800+ to find and fix the problem which I'm not super into.

The problem is becoming worse and my trunk is hardly every dry (doesn't help living in BC, Canada) and we've found mold on the floorboard. After removing the floorboard and looking it over, my husband believes the water is coming through the right tail light.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what to do? I've been looking into seals/gaskets online in Canada and haven't had much luck.

Thanks in advance.
I would look at your trunk seal first, look for signs of wear or rips in the rubber. You may be able to sit in the car with back seat down so you can see in the trunk, have someone run the garden hose in areas and look for the water. Run water around trunk and rear window.

· Registered
2nd 2012 1.8l mt 147000km
541 Posts
Tips from my experience.

My current problem is water dropping in off the inner trunk mounted lights when first opening the trunk.

Next is rust holes at the corner of the rear wheel well, bumper mounts.

There has been reports of the antenna bass leaking.

And occasionally the top corners of the rear windows have been prone to leak.

· Registered
2014 Chevy Cruz LT
40 Posts
Hey,

Thanks in advance.
I always refer to Rock Auto if you're having a hard time finding a part. Another one is parts avatar! :)

· Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,869 Posts
There's a tsb for the middle brake light.

Don't know what years that applied too.

Dealer fixed my 17.
Gen 2 only

After removing the floorboard and looking it over, my husband believes the water is coming through the right tail light.
Exactly what leaked on my Gen 1, and man did it leak. Some silicone around the seal and all was good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts