Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just went out to start my 2015 Cruze 2LT after having it sit for a couple of weeks. The battery was at 2.9 volts, using a good calibrated Fluke digital multi-meter. The car is not even a year old, maybe 9 months. How do I impress upon the local dealer that a new battery needs to be put in no matter what. A SLI battery is not made to do that, it shortens the life dramatically. Like next winter when it is not covered by warranty it will most likely not work.

I would even like the Chevrolet representative here to call the dealer Clements Chevrolet and tell them to put in a new battery no matter what. I took pictures of the battery voltage. Charger would not even charge it until I hooked up my jump pack so it saw a battery was there and it started to charge. Removed the jump pack and the battery voltage went down to 4.9 volts charging AT 12 AMPS.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The dealer cannot just replace a battery......warranty policy and proceedures won't allow it.

The dealer has a charging/testing machine that requires the cables to be removed, a full charge determined by the unit, and then it looks at internal current loss and it performs short, burst loads and looks at the batteries ability to recover and how long it takes.

No matter how much dust you raise, the warranty system must be followed by the dealer.......and, I might add, this method may uncover a internal problem with the car itself.

You wouldn't be pleased if you strongarmed a battery just to have the same problem a few weeks from now.

Go with the flow.

Rob

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is going to be interesting especially if they tell me nothing is wrong. That means it is normal for the battery to go dead, going to make sure I get it in writing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts