Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new guy here.

So, I have a younger brother that bought a 2015 Cruze LT about a year ago. Cars been good so far, no issues. Then he contacts me a couple days ago about some paint problems that have cropped up recently on the car. I've attached some pictures of this.

What is going on here? The car was bought with less than 20K on it, no reported issues/accidents/damage. It looked great up until recently. A GM dealer told him someone must have replaced those parts and done a crap job repainting them. He doesn't know what to do, as this makes the car look terrible and it's only 3 model years old. I think it looks like clearcoat lifting myself, but all I have it pictures. I'll be traveling to see him in a few days and look at the car myself. The car was recently really dumped on sitting outside by Hurricane Harvey, but not flood damaged from the storm.

So any chance this has some GM paint job/clear issue, or does it look like some inferior, non-disclosed fix?

Thanks

Vehicle door Vehicle Red Car Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you say it looks like peeling clear coat? Like maybe someone touched up stuff and then sprayed a cheap/incorrectly applied finish over it? I know that Carfax reports aren't perfect, but the thing wasn't very old and had no entries on its record for any kind of bodywork. Dealership said it would something like $2000 to redo those two panels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the info and advice. I'll be seeing the car next week, and will try to figure out what's going on with it. Obviously those panels look terrible...probably will have some other reputable places look at the car to get an idea of what to do with it going forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.