Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys first post.

2015 cruze lt 19,xxx miles, about to get serviced for the third time for the infamous service stabilitrak, service traction control, reduced engine power etc issue.

Symptoms:
  • Drive ~60 miles highway using cruise control most of the time.
  • park, go inside somewhere for 30 mins, come out and bam the usual warnings, press gas to the floor and get max of 1500 rpm.
  • stop, wait restart 3-5 times and it goes away with lingering check engine light that eventually goes away.
or it just happens randomly after driving and starting after a period.
  • Car just feels "hesitant" all the time.

1st service:
updated ecm firmware, couldnt reproduce issue. didnt even check for service bulletins.
2nd service:
Replaced neg and positive cables after testing via the service bulletin after printing it out and bringing it in myself, assumed fixed. fine for a couple weeks then returned after first extended highway trip

I moved to a new town with one chevy dealership so now i get to start over with this ****..

What now? Car is obviously a lemon but im stuck with it. Since I have to do all the research myself to hold the lazy service guys hands...what else can i suggest for a fix?

replace battery?
replace ignition coil?

im sick and tired of this piece of **** guys and im about to lose it. traveling and driving constantly is required for my work and this is seriously causing me problems. what happens when this **** happens the first time in traffic or mid turn? wrongful death suit by my surviving family? sue for medical bills? cars obviously need recalled but i guess no one has died yet...:sad010::sad010::sad010::sad010:

cruze1.PNG

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
im sick and tired of this piece of **** guys and im about to lose it. traveling and driving constantly is required for my work and this is seriously causing me problems. what happens when this **** happens the first time in traffic or mid turn? wrongful death suit by my surviving family? sue for medical bills? cars obviously need recalled but i guess no one has died yet...:sad010::sad010::sad010::sad010:

View attachment 265859
I'm sure others have died in similar situations, just aren't allowed to talk about it as a stipulation of the settlement agreement, and of course they're dead too. Why not consider a new car?

·
Registered
232 Posts
According to your attached write-up, sounds like they were thorough in trying to pursue your troubles, then stated that you picked up the car before they could actually verify what they did fixed the issue? I know dealing with the dealership sucks, but I would take it back and let them have it til it's fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to your attached write-up, sounds like they were thorough in trying to pursue your troubles, then stated that you picked up the car before they could actually verify what they did fixed the issue? I know dealing with the dealership sucks, but I would take it back and let them have it til it's fixed.
i noticed that when i read it the first time too. the service manager called me the day before i picked it up to let me know it was ready. i didnt pick it up until mid day the next day so i dont know why they said that.

as i said i dont live in that city anymore anyway. if they cant fix it here ill have to take it back there (60+ miles) and have them keep it until its right. just so sick of this.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,675 Posts
i noticed that when i read it the first time too. the service manager called me the day before i picked it up to let me know it was ready. i didnt pick it up until mid day the next day so i dont know why they said that.

as i said i dont live in that city anymore anyway. if they cant fix it here ill have to take it back there (60+ miles) and have them keep it until its right. just so sick of this.
I would follow up with some questions as to why they wrote that and then go to your new dealer and restart.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
They replaced the throttle body. At this point I've driven a few hundred miles and so far so good. I'll report back if anything changes.
Interesting, TB wouldn't have been my first thought, then again, after all that was already replaced, I'd have no clue what it coulda been.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts