Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post everyone, thanks for taking time to read it.

I searched the form and did not find this problem.

After my wife hangs up a blue tooth call with her I phone 5, the radio does not restart the FM station that she was playing. The radio shows paused, then after 15-30 seconds, one of her Pandora stations start to play. On the Mylink screen is shows the Pandora station and artist. When looking at her phone it does no show that Pandora is open or playing, but is she leaves the car she can hear Pandora playing one her phone. To stop Pandora playing , she was opening up Pandora on her phone and then shutting off Pandora and then it stops playing in the car and the FM stations comes back on. I messed with it tonight trying to find the problem and you can stop the Pandora playing by just pushing the home button and then the FM station icon.

Now here is the weird thing. I have a Samsung S6 and I do not have this problem. After hanging up a blue tooth call the FM station fires right back up. I spent some time with the blue tooth settings on her phone and I don't see anything I can change to fix this problem.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
How is she hanging up the call? It sounds like the radio is not recognizing the "end of call" and ends up wanting to "continue" the Bluetooth.

·
10,713 Posts
Close all the apps in background that go to the car in general. I at times find 15 apps just open for no reason even when you reboot or power off/on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chevyguy, when I was messing with it last night I was using the hang up button on the steering wheel. Is that the right way to do it?

Merc6, are you talking about the apps in the phone? I know all the apps in the phone were off last night when I was messing with it because I asked her how to shut off Pandora because I am not familiar with how the Iphone works so she showed me and it was the only app running.

·
10,713 Posts
Chevyguy, when I was messing with it last night I was using the hang up button on the steering wheel. Is that the right way to do it?
Can use both wheel and phone to end call but for hands free sake the steering wheel is the most correct one for the situation. While sitting still and in park, you can literally use the phone to dial the number and everything. (car doesn't care if you are moving or not except when you try to pair a new bluetooth device. Just saying in park for safety reasons)

Merc6, are you talking about the apps in the phone? I know all the apps in the phone were off last night when I was messing with it because I asked her how to shut off Pandora because I am not familiar with how the Iphone works so she showed me and it was the only app running.
Yes, if it's the only app open then it's going to try and play it when the phone hangs up. For me(USB music won't open when I start the cer and it goes to FM even if it was my last used media selection. There's a random glitch with the radio between iPhone updates usually. Whats the latest version she is on? Resetting the radio also helps if you have a MyLink setup. That usually helps me out if you aren't going to go into the dealership for them to troubleshoot. If you are going to a dealership for radio issues, never reset it as it clears saved error codes.

Random info for bluetooth and Pandora, pressing infotainment button and saying "Thumbs Up" lets you thumbs up the current song w/o touching the phone.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd think that would be the most reliable way. If the caller just disconnects, then the radio might not get the message and leaves the Bluetooth channel open. But if you're using the steering wheel button, it has no excuse.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So after spending some more time searching the web, we are not the only people experiencing the problem. I failed to mention that I work for a Chevrolet dealer and found bulletin.

GM is aware of the problem but they say it is a Iphone problem.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If your S6 works then it is a Iphone problem. Iphones seem to be having more and more issues of late. A guy here at work had to go back to Android after 2 different Iphones had problems.

He was never set on one or the other but seems not to have issues with his android phone. I know people love apple products but they are starting to fall behind in quality and tech. They have nothing that makes them great.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
From what I'm reading, iPhone's Bluetooth stack is problematic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was researching this today - I am having similar problems with hanging up a bluetooth call on my iPhone 5 - it changes my radio "source" and over the weekend it was randomly turning my radio on. The solution seems to be disabling Siri... I did this before making a bluetooth call this evening and when I hung up it went right back to radio. I am hopeful that this is a temporary fix that will work until Apple fixes the glitch in the current iOS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts