Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, I just got my new 2015 cruze and in my opinion it needs more hp.... The car right now is completely bone stock, I as I got it 2 weeks ago. only thing done was blue dip. reading a lot of forums and threads, I learnt that there are ways to increase performace on these cars. I made a list of things im guna be doing to my car and
was wondering if the cruze community could help me out incase I miss a few things...also for labour, im going to be working on my own car..bc pride lol ... so if anyone has instll tips, tht would help. ilive in Toronto Canada and wnted to know were the parts could b bought
1.zzp dp/catless mp
2. dual tip exhaust (don't know what to go for)
3. eibach or h&r springs
4. intake (don't know which to get for the cruze)
***5. tune *** vtune or trifecta?
thanks cruzers.. cruze on!

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts
Welcome! 1.8 or 1.4?

I think the consensus, at least for the 1.4 turbo is to see if a higher grade gas will bring you performance, (the 2011-2013 would run but performance sucked on regular gas.) Next, use a different set of spark plugs and then a Tune. After that, I think you get into diminishing returns as far as cost & effort/performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea makes sense and also came across changing my valve springs, what do u think about that?

·
10,685 Posts
Thanks brodaa and what set of spark plugs is best?
NGK BKR8EIX

Don't bother giving year make and model. Not only will they not show up that way but you will get the "Why are you even touching a 2015 car" jab.

Tune is the best noticeable mod to do after mods unless you start deleting cat(s) from the exhaust.

·
10,685 Posts
Deleting cat(s) w/o a tune usually or eventually cause cels. Depending on how they happen, if you emissions test you will fail. Can't speak for VTuner but Trifecta you can go in and uncheck the cels associated for the cat(s) and pretty much pass all but visual inspection. The cat right off the turbo is the only real major restriction in the exhaust section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts