Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I bought a 2015 cruze last week and I'm looking at getting it tinted.
I live in Winnipeg, and I've been calling around getting some quotes.
The lowest I found was $200 cash and they'd finish in 45min-1hr.
Mid was from $249-starting $300.
the most I found was $360.
I am on a budget, but I'm unsure if $200 flat would give me a shabby job. I have read though the local Top Tier Imports forums and reddit that they are very good, but they're price was so much lower than everybody else had quoted.
The other places also mentioned it would be close to 3-4hrs for the job.

Any thoughts?

Also, is ceramic tint/premium tints worth the extra money? All placed ensured lifetime warranty on bubbles, imperfections, de-colouration/fading, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
So window tint prices are good indicators of quality film and job. I can tell you that 1 guy in 45 min- 1 hour will not supply you with a quality tint job. Warranty is held by the manufacturer, there are limitations in those warranties so be careful.
Ceramic films are very good for heat but have a sheen to them.

The real questions is why do you want film?

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
You're paying for the price of the film and how good the installer, is. I've had 3 cars tinted at the same place, the tint is a lot of money, but they also have 2-3 guys working on the car and they usually have it 2-3 hours. The tint is their highest heat rejection nano film, and in 100° heat, the inside of the glass is the same temp as the car is with the A/C on. And in direct sunlight, while driving, you can't even feel the sun coming through the windows.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm looking to do the same thing with mine. Nobody has mentioned it yet, but the % tint also affects price, at least in my area. I'd be very wary of a $200 tint job. I haven't gone price hunting yet, but based on my prior vehicles I'm planning on around $400 for 20% tint. I agree with the others, anyone who says they can tint 4 windows and a back windshield in 45 minutes is not paying attention to detail.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I'm looking to do the same thing with mine. Nobody has mentioned it yet, but the % tint also affects price, at least in my area. I'd be very wary of a $200 tint job. I haven't gone price hunting yet, but based on my prior vehicles I'm planning on around $400 for 20% tint. I agree with the others, anyone who says they can tint 4 windows and a back windshield in 45 minutes is not paying attention to detail.
Stay away from shops that charge more for different percentages the rolls cost the same.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
$400 for 20%? What type of film. I hope you are not going for an IR FILM. Darker colors absorb heat so 20% will nullify the benefits of a heat rejection film

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ziebart did my 2015 Eco for right around $250, all windows except the front at 26% and have a lifetime warranty against cracking, bubbling, and peeling. Looks great and well worth the price, took about 2-3 hours. I would shy away from the the guy who says he can do it in 45 mins. How long it takes is nothing compared to having to shell out another $250-$350 in 6 months after it starts to peel from being installed poorly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts