Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, im an owner of a Chevy Cruze 2015 at Mexico, my Cruze does not come with DRL from factory, I want to install them as they look awsome. I went with the dealer and they gave me a ridiculous price not only for components but for installation as well. So i started a journey finding pieces at Ebay and I have founded some real good deals and I´ve bought lamps, bezels, etc., still I´m missing the harness for the DRL lamps can you guys let me know what is your part number for both sides (My cruze was built at Korea so I dont know why part number changes, they shouldn´t...)? Also as this model changed from 2014 and 2016 it is kind of hard information and components for this particular.

Here is a picture of the DRL that I want to install.

Any help will be appreaciate it. Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Headlamp Automotive lighting Headlamp Vehicle Car Light

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
still I´m missing the harness for the DRL lamps
I don't think it's that simple. It appears the DRLs replace the parking lights on the US 2015 - along with different programming of the BCM so it acts like DRLs instead of parking lights. You'd also need to somehow cancel any DRL on the headlights (assuming that your car does that. The 2011-2014 US Cruze is like that.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello ChevyGuy,

México version does not come with DRL on headligths (none of the versions) so no problem with this one, do you think that LEDs can work if I buy a DRL controller and connect it to the Led DRL?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
do you think that LEDs can work if I buy a DRL controller and connect it to the Led DRL?
That's a good question. I wouldn't think it would need a controller - just a source of 12V. But I'm not sure. If it only needs 12V, then if you can find a source that's only on when the engine is running, that would work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts