Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure my Cruze is a gen 1. I had a raccoon chew threw the rubber trim around the window of my front doors, both sides. Took it to the dealer and they quoted $650 for the repair, refused to give a written estimate. Is there any way to find this part number? I tried googling it, and I'm having trouble finding it. It's the black rubber part that goes around the edge of the window, and the window tucks up into it.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
Those window trim parts are expensive.

Many moons ago I locked myself out of my car. The locksmith jammed a wedge between the windows and the rubber wiper thing and he distorted it on both side doors. It caused water to run into the door and freeze the window shut.

The trim was about $110 trade price each, and then I had to pay a tech friend of mine to take the doors apart to reinstall the pieces. Probably cost me almost $400 total before we were done.

The last time I locked myself out, about five years ago, OnStar got me into the car in less than a minute. God bless OnStar. They've saved my bacon more than a few times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.