Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a new guy just started at our shop, he drives a 2015 2LT RS?
I saw it 2Lt Canadian 16" alloys, rear drum brakes, and it had an RS badge next to the Cruze on the trunk lid.

As far as I understood the RS got automatically 18" wheels, discs, and I've never seen the RS on the trunklid, He bought it used did someone put badges on a car and trade it in or can you get an RS equipped like that?

Im just curious if he got the wrong end of a deal, he's adamant it's an RS but I'm less convinced

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
According to the "build your own 2015", the 2LT comes with disk brakes all around and 17" wheels. Now, if this was a 1LT, that might explain a few things.

·
10,712 Posts
Yeah 2LT had 17's or LTZ 18's when it was RS. 2LT and Diesel (also 2LT trim) have leather seats and disc rear brakes.

* RS gauges are chrome ring with opaque sides
*RS front has that weird chrome strip where it's black on Non RS and fogs
*RS has the side skirts
*RS has the rear bumper with faux diamond grille that hides the muffler and tip making it look like a electric vehicle
*RS has RS on the doors
*RS has the trunk lip spoiler
*2LT should have heated leather seats and possibly push to start
*2LT should have Lit Vanity Mirrors but I seen some 1LT randomly have them
There are more but that should be enough

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
According to this pdf, look at the VIN. It will start with 1G1. The next two letters are the trim. A 2LT is an PE. So it will start with 1G1PE....

RS and non-RS doesn't seem to be encoded in the VIN.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
127 Posts
For 2015 2LT got rear disc brakes across the board. 1LT Drum in rear.

RS package is just an appearance package on 2LT, but on 1LT it provided the Z-Link suspension (maybe on 2LT).

RS package didnt impact wheels AFAIK on 2015 models. The 1LT, 2LT and LTZ each came with their own wheel/rim combo.

·
10,712 Posts
For 2015 2LT got rear disc brakes across the board. 1LT Drum in rear.

RS package is just an appearance package on 2LT, but on 1LT it provided the Z-Link suspension (maybe on 2LT).

RS package didnt impact wheels AFAIK on 2015 models. The 1LT, 2LT and LTZ each came with their own wheel/rim combo.
Yes 2LT and LTZ got Z link and rear disc. RS springs lowered the car making some lowering springs obsolete for the RS.

2LT and LTZ also have leather wheels where 1LT is plastic textured LS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts