Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This donut spare tire is brand new and only fits 2016-2019 Cruze. Wheel is genuine GM, and tire is authentic Maxxis. Weight is 24 pounds. $350 plus shipping with post office. No upcharge, only actual cost. Just send your zip code for price. Thanks for seeing.

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Andrew you're eBay link is for a used junkyard tire. There's a huge difference between junkyard and brand new. Also the Dorman tire on JC Whitney doesn't even list what it fits. And the other eBay link has a used tire fitting a 2011-2019. The GM dealer I bought the wheel from only listed 16-19 being compatible. And for what it's worth, my listing is not directed at DIY, and I'll leave it at that. Personally, buying a used donut tire without being able to see it in person might not be a smart purchase. But that's me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Andrew you're eBay link is for a used junkyard tire. There's a huge difference between junkyard and brand new. Also the Dorman tire on JC Whitney doesn't even list what it fits. And the other eBay link has a used tire fitting a 2011-2019. The GM dealer I bought the wheel from only listed 16-19 being compatible. And for what it's worth, my listing is not directed at DIY, and I'll leave it at that. Personally, buying a used donut tire without being able to see it in person might not be a smart purchase. But that's me.
Understandable, but the last link I listed has the exact same Maxxis tire as yours. I would refer to it but you deleted my post. Also if you think its a bad idea to buy the tire without seeing it why are you shipping it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny, I contacted the moderator as to why your post was deleted, and he said it's impossible to do that, yet it's gone. I didn't delete it. There's no way to delete it. And I was referring to a used junkyard tire, not a brand new one. Also, if you know how your post was deleted, I'd love to know.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have no idea how the post was deleted. I posted the links to help others looking for a cheaper option. I have aftermarket rims on my Cruze and I could purchase an extra one, a brand new tire, and even a better jack than what my car comes with stock and still be $100 under the $350 mark. Just trying to help other fellow Cruze owners. Have a nice day man. Cheers!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it is funny how your post disappeared like a fart in the wind. Also, there's plenty of used Cruze donut tires on eBay. Just keep in mind if you ever try to sell some things here, someone might do what you did to me and post cheaper options with links on your thread. That's called an even Stephen kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
People's posts were deleted by a supermod or an admin. It's not hard to figure out, there's no conspiracy. Or foul play.

You shouldn't be coming into people's sale threads and discussing the pricing without being asked or being an interested party, and you sure as sh!t shouldn't be posting links to cheaper alternatives, or "trying to help" people by detracting from another members posting. It's a huge assh0le maneuver, and I haven't read the rules specifically here but it's against the rules on many forums, and can even earn you an unrequested vacation from the forum.

·
Registered
72 Posts
People's posts were deleted by a supermod or an admin. It's not hard to figure out, there's no conspiracy. Or foul play.

You shouldn't be coming into people's sale threads and discussing the pricing without being asked or being an interested party, and you sure as sh!t shouldn't be posting links to cheaper alternatives, or "trying to help" people by detracting from another members posting. It's a huge assh0le maneuver, and I haven't read the rules specifically here but it's against the rules on many forums, and can even earn you an unrequested vacation from the forum.
I was unaware it was against the rules, if so I apologize to neonguy and everyone else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
This tire just sold, and another wheel will arrive on 2-7. A tire I already received. Maxxis is in Atlanta, so their delivery is super fast getting to Sarasota. And my tire store only charges $10 to mount. Not a bad price. Tire/wheel weighs 24 pounds, so not that much of a weight issue, especially considering what a full size would weigh.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andrew, I was referring to a used donut spare sight unseen. What issues would a brand new spare sight unseen create?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just received a shipping quote from the post office to ship this tire. Florida to Dallas (I used Dallas as a perspective destination) is $49.00. I knew it would not be cheap. I can only imagine what the charge would be to Washington State or California.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
I just received a shipping quote from the post office to ship this tire. Florida to Dallas (I used Dallas as a perspective destination) is $49.00. I knew it would not be cheap. I can only imagine what the charge would be to Washington State or California.
Check UPS and FedEx, they are usually much better pricing with large/heavy items compared to USPS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.