Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Last week I went to Autozone and purchased brake pads for my 2016.5 Gen 2 Cruze LT. The pads were FAR too big, and I finally found a set by searching on Google that fit. I realized after the fact (I think, anyway) that instead of getting pads for a 2016 I should have been searching for pads for a 2017. My thoughts are that in the Autozone system, the 2016 is showing a Gen 1 pad, and by choosing 2017 I would get the Gen 2 pad. Can anyone confirm? I've searched the forum and haven't seen an answer to this question.
Thanks!
Lee

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It's the same part number for the 2 years. Maybe They sold you the wrong set. Front vs. Rears.

The fronts are $64 and the rears are $39.

Might look at the date your car was manufactured. I don't know the understanding behind the 16.5 but you probably won't find that year at the parts stores.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They tried 3 different sets, all of them were the same size... too big. The way I understand it, the Cruze was refreshed in the middle of the model year, so there are Gen 1 2016 and Gen 2 2016. Maybe I'm confused about that, but there Autozone definitely had the wrong brake pads for my car, both in store and online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts