Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new 2016 Cruze Premier on Saturday. From my understanding the 24/7 Promise you get quite a package of stuff. You get 2 years of Onstar Guidance, 24 gigs or 24 month's of data to use on the wifi in the car, 2 services with oil and filter change in the 2 years, and also 2 years of Sirius/XM all access.

I called and had the Onstar setup while at the dealer. The 2 years of Onstar and the data went through as easy as pie. I called Sirius the next day to get that part set up and they are telling me that it's only a 3 month trial. I have talked to the salesman as he is working to get it fixed. Looks like I may have to go back to the dealer and have him there when I make the call to Sirius/XM.

Here is a link to the Promise:
2016 Cruze 24/7 Promise: Connectivity & Service | Chevrolet

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I suspect it needs to be the dealership making the call for you to SiriusXM.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had no issues with mine getting set up. but as obermd said it was done by the dealer before I left.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Sounds like a dealer forgot or is lazy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think yall are right. But when you call Sirius they ask for the VIN and it comes back as a 3 month trial. I think I will return there tomorrow and get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
To the OP:

Please suggest a revised title for this thread.

You are experiencing a minor hiccup with a free promotion from GM and SiriusXM whose scope and depth are not accurately reflected by the "Chevrolet's 24/7 problem" title to this thread.

If you do not suggest a revised title within 24 hours one will be provided for you by the moderation team.

Thank you.

EDIT: Title adjusted with agreement of the OP.

·
Conservative Acoustic Foam
1,028 Posts
For what it's worth, if you ignore Sirius/XM long enough after the trial expires, you will get it for a ridiculously cheap rate. I don't even use it as much as I used to...but for the rate I paid (obnoxiously low, and I didn't try to get it, they just gave it to me after about the third cold call) I figured why not.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I think yall are right. But when you call Sirius they ask for the VIN and it comes back as a 3 month trial. I think I will return there tomorrow and get it fixed.
Nothing to fix, you are clearly mistaken. Any FREE or TRIAL offers would be listed on your sticker.
Text Font Paper

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nothing to fix, you are clearly mistaken. Any FREE or TRIAL offers would be listed on your sticker.
View attachment 204113
Don't believe I am mistaken sir. I will check the sticker, but the dealer agreed it came with it, and Chevrolets own website says that ALL LTs and Premiers 2016 come with it. Why such an attitude? And how would you know that it's not on my sticker?

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
For what it's worth, if you ignore Sirius/XM long enough after the trial expires, you will get it for a ridiculously cheap rate. I don't even use it as much as I used to...but for the rate I paid (obnoxiously low, and I didn't try to get it, they just gave it to me after about the third cold call) I figured why not.
Well done young man!

Reactions: _MerF_

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Buddy, aren't you the guy who wants to return his new CRUZE because you were told it had a V8? Chevrolet offers a 3 month trial of XM, SORRY
SiriusXM Satellite Radio and Infotainment | Chevrolet
Are you stupid or something? Where did you get that drivel about returning a cruze because it had a V8? I DID buy a Cruze that they lied to me about being wrecked and repaired. I don't give a crap about your little post there. I posted above the link to Chevrolet's page where it says that ALL 2016 LTs and Premiers come with it. Here is the link again in case you missed the first one.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Are you stupid or something? Where did you get that drivel about returning a cruze because it had a V8? I DID buy a Cruze that they lied to me about being wrecked and repaired. I don't give a crap about your little post there. I posted above the link to Chevrolet's page where it says that ALL 2016 LTs and Premiers come with it. Here is the link again in case you missed the first one.
Yes I am something, must be stupid as you should get 2 years. While I did confuse you with another poster as you are aware of Chevy took away the 5 year 100K Power train warranty protection and the 4 oil changes and offers the Onstar/XM 2 year trial instead

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I am something, must be stupid as you should get 2 years. While I did confuse you with another poster as you are aware of Chevy took away the 5 year 100K Power train warranty protection and the 4 oil changes and offers the Onstar/XM 2 year trial instead
I did see that it comes with a 5 year, 60,000 powertrain now I think. The offer is for Onstar Guidance with 24 gigs of data, which I got with not problem. 24 months of Sirius/XM, 2 service visits with oil and filter change within 24,000 miles or two years which ever comes first. Also 5 years or 60,000 miles of roadside assistance through Chevy. Pretty good deal, but maybe not so good as what you got before.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hmmm... Picked mine up this past Tuesday. Got all of that with the exception of On Star and XM (3 Months) I believe...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmmm... Picked mine up this past Tuesday. Got all of that with the exception of On Star and XM (3 Months) I believe...
I would def go and check on it. I have been to two dealerships in the last couple weeks and both of them had big posters listing the 24/7 Promise. As I stated before, I didn't buy the car based on getting it, but if I am supposed to have it then I want it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Cruze LT that I got last month did come with 2 years of On Star and 2 years of SirriusXM and 24G of monthly 4g hotspot data. Lindsay Chevrolet in Woodbridge VA got it right.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just bought a 2016 also and the I got all the same stuff but XM told me the same thing. I was on the phone for 20 minutes they were trying to figure it out. OnStar was perfect and very helpful. The guy who sold me the car is a friend and he has contact with a XM rep and is going to get it fixed for me.

FYI I use to cruze2011whit.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.