Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across an article talking about Chevrolet and their implementation of new technologies such as Apple Car-Play, and Googles Android Auto and this one said that Chevrolet will be debuting the 2016 Cruze on June 24th.

So what is everyones thoughts on the next Cruze? Anything particular you would want changed?
- I know for me I would really like the new technologies especially Car-Play, and would also appreciate more rear legroom. Other than that the current Cruze is amazing in my opinion.

2016 Chevrolet Cruze Debuting in June with Apple CarPlay

·
Administrator
25,040 Posts
I saw that. My question is "is June 24 when it will be introduced or start shipping to dealership?"

·
Epic Beard Man
5,414 Posts
I saw that. My question is "is June 24 when it will be introduced or start shipping to dealership?"
Introduced. Regular production for dealer shipments won't begin until later this year.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
It strikes me as......hilarious that new car selling points are becoming less and less about the driving experience and more and more about buying a computer/smart phone on wheels. :dazed002:
And what vulnerabilities to the car and your ID will come with those implementations?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Saw this today from CNN and wasn't impressed with the design and look of the 16.. It even looks smaller than the current cars.
The new radio is OK I guess, but not EVERYONE has a iPhone. So, I hope they made it compatible for android phones as well.

At least the Leather looked nice.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
Apple CarPlay seems cool but I don't know if it'll be enough for what appears to be a 2016 Cruze that at first glance looks very similar to every other compact sedan on the road.

I do sorta like the design of the headlights and the grille's shape and overall size, but from the few spied photos, it looks like a Civic and an Elantra had a baby. No thanks. I'm holding out that it looks better in person. Also, spied interior pics look like its trying to be a mini 2016 Malibu.

Lets all hope Chevy returned all the things to the 2016 Cruze that they took away from the 1st gen Cruze during the past 5 years, lol!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts