Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
As much as I like the current cruze looks, I'm more about the way the car drives. Power, MPG, handling, ride/comfort, & the stereo are all higher on my list than a cars looks, not necessary in that order.

I would like 160-175hp with the current cruze weight. Torque is fine, but needs HP to back it up. 0-60mph is to slow, even more so if you have to accelerate 0-60mph from the bottom of a hill.
The car already exists it's called a Holden Cruze SRI-V 1.6T with 177hp 175 f?lbs torque manual or auto and sports suspension. There is even a hatch version. It also has bigger brakes and room for a full size spare.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Leave it to the Aussie's to 1 up the U.S. NA Market with a better power plant !

Sup Aussie . Thanks mate .............

·
10,712 Posts
Looks like a sonic with fiesta lights making this cruze look more like a cute field mouse than the sonic. I'll stick with what I have and wait till the cars are old enough to do engine swaps once I get the Subaru where I want it in reliable WHP.

·
Monsieur Charmant Résident
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Start of production is December 2015 for the Cruze, you wont be able to purchase it till Feb/March 2016 most likely.
Quazar,
What's your source for this date? It's not that I doubt you, mind, but I've read so many conflicting reports as to when the next-gen Cruze will begin production and be available for sale in the States that it makes my head spin. This uncertainty also makes it difficult to plan ahead as what to do with my 2012 and when. Thanks.

Reactions: PanJet

·
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Holden Cruze SRI-V 1.6T

The car already exists it's called a Holden Cruze SRI-V 1.6T with 177hp 175 ft/lbs torque manual or auto and sports suspension. There is even a hatch version. It also has bigger brakes and room for a full size spare.
Then send it to America, where Cruzen long for more get-up-and-go. The magic number of about 175 in both horsepower and torque is the sweet spot for vehicles weighing between 3,000 and 3,300 pounds.

Reactions: Merc6 and spacedout

·
Registered
747 Posts
Start of production is December 2015 for the Cruze, you wont be able to purchase it till Feb/March 2016 most likely.
Quazar,
What's your source for this date? It's not that I doubt you, mind, but I've read so many conflicting reports as to when the next-gen Cruze will begin production and be available for sale in the States that it makes my head spin. This uncertainty also makes it difficult to plan ahead as what to do with my 2012 and when. Thanks.
The only thing I've read about timeline is available probably 2nd half of 2015 as a 2016 model.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Quazar,
I'm providing some major interior parts. If the date changes I can let you all know, but I am pretty sure this is now set since sourcing for the vehicle components is almost complete. it will be either Feb/March or July/August 2016 when most of the public can purchase.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm providing some major interior parts. If the date changes I can let you all know, but I am pretty sure this is now set since sourcing for the vehicle components is almost complete. it will be either Feb/March or July/August 2016 when most of the public can purchase.
Wow. If that's the case, GM is really stretching out this first gen Cruze. Considering it is already the oldest car in its class, two years from now seems like a long wait.

Reactions: UlyssesSG

·
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Next-Gen Cruze II
21 March 2014

“The first iteration of the next-gen Cruze will be announced later this year in China,” Holden’s executive director of corporate affairs, George Svigos, told GoAuto in an interview. “This all-new 2015 Cruze was developed specifically for consumer tastes and needs in China."

So, China gets it first and it reportedly has been designed to cater to their unique automotive tastes. Does this mean our lot, our lot being the rest of the English-speaking world and Europe, gets the same? Worrisome.

Source: GM Authority

Reactions: spacedout

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Wouldn't that would make the 2016 cruze a 2017? Seems the 2016 cruze should be coming out in August 2015, typically new model years begin production August of a year previous. In 2012 GM released the 2013 Malibu ECO 5-6 months early from this date to better compete in this class. I'm guessing this could also be a possibility with the cruze since its design was already pushed back from the original 2015 production.

·
Registered
747 Posts
More details on the new Ecotec line.

Still no info on which engines we'll see in the 2nd gen Cruze, but some notable details of the new line:

-All aluminum blocks (current 1.4T is iron block?)
-44 lbs lighter vs. current 1.4T
-5% more efficient vs. current 1.4T
-Quieter (reported quieter than Audi 1.4, three-cylinder 1.0T will be three decibels quieter than Ford 1.0T).
-Some engines will have DI, others still have port injection.
-Some will be able to run on LPG (I'm guessing this will be for more special markets.)
-More than 1,600 test models have been built, 270 of which have been run through GM's "full-endurance test" of running WOT at peak hp and torque 24/7 for a month.

·
Registered
116 Posts
In case anyone is interested, I saw on the GM Authority website that an Opel Astra with the D2XX chassis will lose 176 pounds. That might give us an indicator of how much lighter the new Cruze may be. That would put an Eco manual around 2830 lbs. An Eco automatic like mine would drop to a touch over 3000 lbs. I know most comments were negative, but I find myself liking the looks more and more.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There was another article on the GM Authority website about the new Opel with the D2XX chassis. The actual weight loss, despite increasing the size of the car, is 220 lbs. This is looking pretty good for the next generation Cruze weight loss. I saw the gm website has the manual eco as 3005 lbs. A 2785 lbs 2016 Cruze Eco, with the more powerful motor could be a legit low 7 0-60 car, since the current one is high 7in most tests.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts