Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today I decided to take a look under the hood of my cruze and try to self diagnose a misfiring issue before sending it to a shop and have them charge me out the ying yang for something I could possibly fix myself. My window motor broke a few years back and they told me it'd be $500 to replace it. I ordered the part on amazon for $36 and replaced it in 15 minutes and have been weary to ask a shop for help since.

So after some googling and looking around on this forum I've narrowed down my possible issue to the coil pack/plugs. When my car is steadily cruising it seems to hesitate randomly and chug a little. I noticed this after changing the battery and also re fishing the added 4ga ground wire through the factory amp sensor donut. I did a big 3 upgrade about 2 years ago and didn't previously have the 4ga wire ran through the donut but didn't have any noticeable issues. It was brought to my attention by someone while I was replacing my battery that I should fish the battery ground through there. Not sure if it would be related at all I'm just pointing out things I recently did.

My cruze is currently sitting at around 31,000 miles. Today I removed the coil pack and noticed the 1st one was stuck pretty well. I was being as gentle as one could be and pulling steadily upward. Anyways once it finally released half of the boot stayed on the plug. I've never messed with the plugs so I suppose changing all 4 at the same time would be ideal as well as changing the coil pack. This is my first time messing with this so I wanted to ask if I should clean the walls inside around the corroded plug. The other 3 plugs appear shiny and spotless as well as the walls. Not sure if it matters much. Also I'm looking at what plugs to get and noticing people mention adjusting the gaps. I wanted to order the original "ACDelco Iridium spark plug 41-121" but there are notes that specify not to re-gap. These plugs come at 0.027'' and it's mentioned on this forum that people tend to go with 0.035''. So idk if I just order those plugs and go ahead and adjust the gap or order different plugs entirely. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
940 Posts
they told me it'd be $500 to replace it. I ordered the part on amazon for $36 and replaced it in 15 minutes
Someday I'm going to make a billboard with this on it. :cool::ROFLMAO:

"ACDelco Iridium spark plug 41-121" but there are notes that specify not to re-gap. These plugs come at 0.027''
Hear is the deal, when these engines were new the spark plugs, the spark plug gaps, and how they were installed was a $hi# show.

If you run the 41-121 plugs at 0.027"-0.028" you won't have any issues for a long time.(y) Running a larger gap is BS, you could do it and the car will run. But it won't run better, in fact, it will probably run worse. Dang, now I need to get my asbestos underwear. :cautious::whistle:

Wiping and vacuuming out the spark plug wells is always a good idea. But they don't need to be shinny.
Also, add di-electric grease to the inside wall of the new coil pack boots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts