Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm hoping someone can help.. About a week ago someone tried siphoning gas from my car. My check engine light went on and I'm sure it's because I started the car from my Onstar app without knowing the gas cap was unscrewed. Now when I put gas I can smell it outside of the car and I could have sworn there was a silver flap that keeps the fumes inside of the gas cap and now it's just a straight hole into the tank. Unless I'm crazy and it was never there. Can someone with the same car post a picture of the outside of the gas tank with the cap unscrewed? I just wanna know if I'm being paranoid or not. Thanks!

·
10,712 Posts
That "1 inch fuel door flap inside the neck" doesn't exist on this car. I can try and snap a pic but it's dark out. Did you notice a visible leak when you filled up last?

*Ninja Edit to add pic*

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks i guess I
Was being paranoid. I'll check next time I fill up to
See if there's any visible leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm really thinking about buying one of these cars but I'm not too sure where to go with it though, what are the common issues with the car (if any) or is there a part that needs regular maintinace? went Servicing Stop with my car the other day and spoke to them and they gave me abit more of an insight on these cars (they know me, been using them for years) but need abit more help.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I'm really thinking about buying one of these cars but I'm not too sure where to go with it though, what are the common issues with the car (if any) or is there a part that needs regular maintinace?
Its not proper forum etiquette to ask off topic questions on someone else thread. Best to start your own topic if you have questions. This is so your don't derail the conversation from the topic at hand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love my car. I haven't had any issues with it yet. Other than people causing issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts