Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't posted 0-60 MPH runs for a while now, but thought I might get back to it. Been working on a new format.

This Cruze vs Civic head-to-head clip is the first shot at it.

I'm itching to test a manual. It's a hoot once it's in the boost.

·
2,168 Posts
I'm still convinced the manual generation 2 Cruze is a myth, I have yet to see one in person, nor have I heard of anyone who has seen one in person. I believe it only exists in digital form haha! I would love to see a video testing the 0-60 for the manual generation 2. The Fast Lane Car youtube channel was able to get ahold of a manual Gen 2 and did a brief review on it in Nashville of all places, but nothing in-depth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure that Chevy ran the first drive/media event in Nashville. It's extremely difficult to shoot a serious in-depth video review at a first drive - there's usually not enough time to do it justice. Quite often, the vehicles at the first drive events are pre-production units.

I just took a look at inventory on one of the big auto sites. The manuals are out there … I need to check to see if Chevy has any in the media fleet to test. Seems like the manual could leave the line a good bit hotter than the automatic, which could drop the 0-60 time (as long as it hooks up) …

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
I drove a Manual Cruze LT (gen 2) in Detroit the day before Lordstown. However, in order to get one you may have to special order the manual.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
It's a sad day when you can no longer get a manual transmission in a car these days. Too bad they can't just allow you to special order a manual in any vehicle you'd like to have one in. My kids (currently 8 & 10) will know how to drive a manual, I can promise you that ... cuz THIS guy will always have one in some form or another to drive :th_coolio:

·
2,168 Posts
It's a sad day when you can no longer get a manual transmission in a car these days. Too bad they can't just allow you to special order a manual in any vehicle you'd like to have one in. My kids (currently 8 & 10) will know how to drive a manual, I can promise you that ... cuz THIS guy will always have one in some form or another to drive :th_coolio:
The day they stop selling new cars with a clutch is the day I start buying classic/used cars only.

·
2,254 Posts
Interesting. I heard the new Cruze does it in 7.8.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
I was watching the 0 to 60 and thought that was really slow, then remembered the speedo is in MPH and my diesel is KM. I didn't time it but it seemed close to what my CTD does 0 to 100km in.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Close enough to be moot in my book. Waiting for actual reliability, maintenance, and mileage issues to surface.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts