Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my 2014 Cruze for a 2016 Cruze and I noticed that the blind spot monitor reacts differently. My old Cruze started blinking when a vehicle was approaching and my new Cruze doesn't blink until the vehicle is almost side by side. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,998 Posts
Mine turns the mirror light on any time a vehicle is near your back bumper, and flashes when you turn on the turn signal and one is fast approaching or close-ish to your back bumper.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Does the left one behave differently from the right one? Unless it's a programming issue, I'm pretty sure they're independent enough that a problem with one wouldn't affect the other.

·
Super Moderator
5,102 Posts
There's 4 sensors along the rear I think, it's possible one is bad or something
Isn't that for backing up notification to let you know you are close to what you are backing up into? I have those on my 2012 Eco
and those only react in reverse.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Isn't that for backing up notification to let you know you are close to what you are backing up into? I have those on my 2012 Eco
and those only react in reverse.
I think so yes, but I don't see why they couldn't also aid in the blind spot warning as well....especially if some peoples warning light flashes as a vehicle approaches their bumper. I could also be totally wrong, I have no clue how those systems work. Was just making a slightly educated guess haha.

·
10,712 Posts
I think so yes, but I don't see why they couldn't also aid in the blind spot warning as well....especially if some peoples warning light flashes as a vehicle approaches their bumper. I could also be totally wrong, I have no clue how those systems work. Was just making a slightly educated guess haha.
In gen1 Blind was in wheel well or something crazy like that. Lets hope they are not as snow susceptible as Gen 1 was.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
In gen1 Blind was in wheel well or something crazy like that. Lets hope they are not as snow susceptible as Gen 1 was.
Right. It's a radar system in the rear fascia pointed toward the side. But it does leave me wondering - if the fascia got repainted with some metallic paint, would mess up performance?

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
That's exactly where it is. It's a module that can have problems in the winter. Last winter mine was cracked open by freezing water and then water got inside it and created a backfeed condition. The light on the mirror wouldn't turn off even if the car was completely off. Hopefully they did something a little more reliable for Gen2.

·
10,712 Posts
My mom has it in the Acadia Denali and it didn't have the same issues last winter and we literally got it in the beginning of what we call here as winter(February till just before Lordstown meet). I'll try and find it and see how it's set up cause only the back up sensors didn't work from snow build up on the bumper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts