Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 Cruze will reset the clock to 12:00 whenever it is off for more than a few minutes. This happened some time ago and I was able to take care of it by changing the setting to Auto Set to Cell network.
It is no longer reading the time from the cell network, even with my phone paired and I have to manually reset the clock every time it's off for more than 10 minutes (maybe less). The car is used as a driver education vehicle, so having the clock functioning properly is pretty important to me. Right now, I reset it manually each time I start the vehicle and I see it reset.
I read in another forum that there should be a wired power always on that may be fused but I don't see any keep memory alive or any other notes regarding it. I do have the AllData service for the vehicle and couldn't find any reference there either.
The radio presets all stay - this only affects the clock/time.

Thank you for your time and responses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2016 Cruze will reset the clock to 12:00 whenever it is off for more than a few minutes. This happened some time ago and I was able to take care of it by changing the setting to Auto Set to Cell network.
It is no longer reading the time from the cell network, even with my phone paired and I have to manually reset the clock every time it's off for more than 10 minutes (maybe less). The car is used as a driver education vehicle, so having the clock functioning properly is pretty important to me. Right now, I reset it manually each time I start the vehicle and I see it reset.
I read in another forum that there should be a wired power always on that may be fused but I don't see any keep memory alive or any other notes regarding it. I do have the AllData service for the vehicle and couldn't find any reference there either.

Did you ever find an answer my 2013 Cruze is doing the same thing. No Nav system just LT model.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,327 Posts
Mine also, 2016
I found this on a Trax forum:

This post explains the 4 most common reasons for this, but not necessarily for a Cruze:

This is for a 2011:

This is for a 2015 Trax, Sonic, & Spark

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read in another forum that there should be a wired power always on that may be fused but I don't see any keep memory alive or any other notes regarding

I had to go to home menu then settings and set time there. If I set by touching the time on radio screen it would reset every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts