Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed a Boss BE7ACP radio in my car and noticed my OEM screen no longer works. I decided to call crutch field and they told me that no matter what harness I use, any aftermarket radio install will do away with the OEM screen. Pretty large buzz kill but whatever, not a deal breaker I suppose. I did notice every other install had the radio still activated even with a new double din radio installed but perhaps they weren't 2016 cruze limiteds.

Then I'm noticing issues with my aftermarket trim piece fitting back into place. I called crutchfield and they couldn't really tell me anything other than to call metra and ask if they've done away with certain trim tabs on the integration piece. So I did and once again they didn't really understand either so I've emailed them pictures displaying my concerns and I'll post them here but maybe my headunit isn't installed 100% properly. The instructions were a little all over so I'll try to see if anyone can help me out here.
Rectangle Automotive exterior Auto part Machine Fashion accessory

Green Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey!

I am writing here because I am going through this exact thing right now!
Am looking for any possible solutions as well, but as a temporary fix I have applied 3M tape to hold it in place.
So far so good, but I know this will bother me in the future.

One thing that helped for me even thought not 100% was changing the mounting points for the new radio to be further out/in. This allowed the new fixture to fit (almost) but still requiring 3M tape.

I as well got my assembly from crutch field.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,514 Posts
Hey!

I am writing here because I am going through this exact thing right now!
Am looking for any possible solutions as well, but as a temporary fix I have applied 3M tape to hold it in place.
So far so good, but I know this will bother me in the future.

One thing that helped for me even thought not 100% was changing the mounting points for the new radio to be further out/in. This allowed the new fixture to fit (almost) but still requiring 3M tape.

I as well got my assembly from crutch field.

I just installed a Boss BE7ACP radio in my car and noticed my OEM screen no longer works. I decided to call crutch field and they told me that no matter what harness I use, any aftermarket radio install will do away with the OEM screen. Pretty large buzz kill but whatever, not a deal breaker I suppose. I did notice every other install had the radio still activated even with a new double din radio installed but perhaps they weren't 2016 cruze limiteds.

Then I'm noticing issues with my aftermarket trim piece fitting back into place. I called crutchfield and they couldn't really tell me anything other than to call metra and ask if they've done away with certain trim tabs on the integration piece. So I did and once again they didn't really understand either so I've emailed them pictures displaying my concerns and I'll post them here but maybe my headunit isn't installed 100% properly. The instructions were a little all over so I'll try to see if anyone can help me out here.
View attachment 297545

View attachment 297544
Welcome Aboard!(y)
Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts