Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all i'm new to this forum and I'd like to start off by saying I own a 2016 Chevy Cruze Limited Lt and it's by far my favorite car I've owned. It's a shame that I haven't got around to doing any aftermarket modifications to it since I bought it though. This is where my issue arises. I want to start off with some basic mods. Such as some new Head Lights/Tail Lights and an audio overhaul. The problem I keep having is that I cannot find any lights that are compatible with the Chevy Cruze Limited and I think it's because they started making a new model of the Cruze for 2016 and my Cruze has the body of the 2015's. I find head lights and tail lights all the time that match 11-15 Cruzes but can't find them for my 2016 limited. If anyone could help shed some light on this subject I'd be very grateful! On the other hand I've been wanting to upgrade my whole audio system. It's the base audio. Not the pioneer upgrade. I'm going to label my questions in an orderly fashion.

1. What all should I buy if I plan on replacing the front and back door speakers and tweeters?

2. There are areas for 6x9's in my rear dash so if I were to install them what all would that entail/what do I need to buy?

3. There is an area for a speaker in the center of my front dash. What size/what do I need to install this speaker.

4. I'm planning on installing a 10-12'' sub woofer in the trunk of my car. What all should I get to make this as space efficient as possible.
(I should note that I use my trunk fairly often so I don't plan on putting a box dead in the center like most people would. I've seen
people make custom boxes behind the wheel well but I don't believe my cruze has enough room behind it for a box, maybe I'm wrong)

With all of that in mind if there are any extra items that I would need or would be useful please let me know.
Assume I know nothing at all about doing this audio overhaul and that I need step by step instructions on the items I need to purchase. My biggest concern is buying all of the right equipment/installing the 6x9's in the back because there is currently nothing there so I think I'd have to cut the carpet out to fit the speakers. I'm a DIY type of person and I'm extremely anal when it comes to making things professional but I just can't seem to find any information on my Cruze. Like a map of the car's speakers and wiring and what have you. So please let me know what size wiring I need, any adapters, amplifiers, recommended speakers, etc.

Thank you in advance for any helpful tips and advice on this project. I will be posting results after it's all finished. Before I get anyone that may say I need a professional to install all of this, know that my neighbor will be helping me with the install and he is extremely knowledgeable when it come's to anything car related and without a doubt could do this overhaul like/if not better than a professional. I just don't want to waste his time on trying to pick out all of the items I'm going to need.

I'm going to list some of the items I've been looking at for this install. (sorry I can't post links yet until I've made 3 posts, so I had to modify them)

Front/Rear Door Speakers: https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KFC-1665S-300-Watt-6-5-Inch-Speakers/dp/B00HZVHA1E

Rear Dash 6x9's : https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-KFC-...F8&qid=1499471989&sr=1-1&keywords=kenwood+6x9

Head lights : http://www.protuninglab.com/wj10-03...ooglepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=140846687098
(may or may not fit depending on your responses!)

Tail lights: http://www.protuninglab.com/cg20chcreust2.html
(may or may not fit depending on your responses!)

I emailed protuninglab about the lights about 2 weeks ago and they never responded to my email.

Once again I thank you all for any helpful tips and advice. I like to shop on amazon so if I could get help with purchasing the majority of my stuff through there then that'd be great! I haven't done audio in a few years and just feel rusty. On top of that I haven't installed audio on any vehicles newer than 2005 so I'm not sure if anything has changed. Sorry for the long post but I'm really looking for some help on this one!

Also let me know if you'd change my list above to different speakers/lights. I want black tail lights but I don't want them just blacked out. I'd like to have them have a different design to them.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd think anything that fits a 2015 will fit a 2016 limited. I doubt if they spent any effort on changing things with the next generation right around the corner. They just didn't want to make making "2015" when the calendar on the wall said "2016".

I suspect vendors stay away from naming 2016 just because of all that confusion for that model year.

·
Super Moderator
7,804 Posts
2015 and 2016 carryover models have identical lamp capsules.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome! Thank you for that information. Lights should be a piece of cake to swap. Now I just need help on the audio end of things!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the referral but I think that's a little more advanced than what I'm actually looking for. I'm not looking for super high end, competition type audio, with car treatment and stuff. I just want above average audio. Just need some good example speakers to aim for and what type of items I should grab along with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted to add that someone from another site stated that all Gen 1 Cruze's (11-16 limited) can fit the same aftermarket head lights and tail lights. Can anyone confirm that here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts