Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a few questions in regards to treating the Cruze doors. I got some sound proofing material and started the inside of my front doors.
I’m Not sure where all to treat on the inside of my and then I’ve noticed people also put treatment on the panel itself. Mine is covered in material already. Should I strip that off and place the sound deadening on it?
On top of that does the barrier thing matter if it’s gone? Or am I supposed to cover the holes on the door?

thanks for any info

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
I’ve got a few questions in regards to treating the Cruze doors. I got some sound proofing material and started the inside of my front doors.
I’m Not sure where all to treat on the inside of my and then I’ve noticed people also put treatment on the panel itself. Mine is covered in material already. Should I strip that off and place the sound deadening on it?
On top of that does the barrier thing matter if it’s gone? Or am I supposed to cover the holes on the door?

thanks for any info
View attachment 293554 View attachment 293555 View attachment 293556
I have not done this yet, but I have the materials. My plan is to do the outer skin as complete as I can. I would recommend you replace all of the factory seals though.

Here are a couple of random videos I found. I did not watch them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts