Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2016 Cruze Limited 1lt with the convenience package for an extra car and would like to have a back up camera installed. I won't be doing this so looking for direction on best option while keeping as much of the buttons working and looking factory done. Do I get a stereo with back up camera or can you get a screen with just the back up camera.

Thanks in advance your ideas and suggestions

Matt

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
What kind of radio do you have now? The "basic" "green screen", or the MyLink with a color touch screen?

There's a few different options, all with their ups and downs. An aftermarket camera and screen would be the most straightforward to install - especially if you're going to hire someone to have it done. I think you can find GM rearview screens that replace the inside rear view mirror. That might make things a little nicer.

But with some hacking skills, you can have a MyLink system with backup camera - and moving guidelines. When done, it will look factory. But it takes some playing with the wiring and opening up the radio to reprogram it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, yes "GREEN" screen reminds me of dos on computers do you know if the steering wheel controls will work don't care about the instant so much.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,099 Posts
Thanks for the reply, yes "GREEN" screen reminds me of dos on computers do you know if the steering wheel controls will work don't care about the instant so much.
Yes thay can still work if your diligent in your upgrade. You should read this so you can ask better questions: MyLink Upgrade DIY

Lots of smart people here, but they like you to be informed as well.

And don't laugh, I still use DOS occasionally!

Oh and Welcome Aboard!:welcome: You should introduce yourself here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts