Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Next time you change tires, swap the sensors then. That was my plan - until my wife blew both right side tires by running over a curb in a parking lot, haha.
I won't change tires for at least 4 years, unless I run over a curb myself lol or have another kind of bad luck. After the 4th year, I won't invest in TPMS sensors because I will have get used to the orange light staring at me all the time. and won't probably not notice it.

I wanted to do things right and remove this pesky warning each and every time I start the car but I didn't research long enough before making a sound decision so I will have to live with it now. I had also read somewhere else that the 2018 were using the 315Mhz sensors.

The winter tires are on the stock wheels also so no problem in winter.

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
6,584 Posts
I won't change tires for at least 4 years, unless I run over a curb myself lol or have another kind of bad luck. After the 4th year, I won't invest in TPMS sensors because I will have get used to the orange light staring at me all the time. and won't probably not notice it.

I wanted to do things right and remove this pesky warning each and every time I start the car but I didn't research long enough before making a sound decision so I will have to live with it now. I had also read somewhere else that the 2018 were using the 315Mhz sensors.

The winter tires are on the stock wheels also so no problem in winter.
Yeah, I feel ya there. I didn't have working sensors yet (they came with the Sonic wheels and winter tires I bought for just the wheels, for the Volt, so I didn't need 315MHz sensors for the car), so I didn't get a chance to throw the new ones in. But I have no intention of putting them in until the tires get replaced (again). Yep, it's almost muscle memory now for my wife and myself to clear the TPMS warning message, since we also have the Service Blind Spot message year-round.

I think you did research, just got some conflicting info - TPMS frequency can be one of the tougher things to get nailed down, especially right near a change.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.