Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've finally gotten around to the photos people have been asking for. Took me a while to get the car washed and waxed, but here she is, all dolled up with shined shoes.

I used mostly Meguiars stuff, Gold Class Car Wash and kit, Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Wax (2 thin coats), and Meguiars Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating.

Not sure how to take care of the wheel covers on the steelies.

Back - Chevy.jpg Back - Cruze.jpg Back - Driver Close.jpg Back - Driver High.jpg Back - Driver Taillamp.jpg Driver Side.jpg Front - Driver Headlight.jpg Front - Driver mirror.jpg Front - Driver.jpg Front - High.jpg Front - Low Foglamp area.jpg Front - Passenger.jpg Front.jpg Hood - reflection.jpg Shiny Car #2.jpg Shiny Car.jpg

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Nice!

Is this the 1st 2016 member we have?

·
2,254 Posts
Very nice, I'm tossing the idea of a Regal GS or a Cruze Premier RS.

I'm really liking this new style.

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The wheel covers are painted and clear coated, treat them exactly like you would treat your paint. Wax and all
That is a great idea. Important to do that while they are new and all clean. Get a good solid couple of coats on them. I would even play with the idea of plasti-dip on them for the winter maybe.

That blue ray sure looks different than the media photos. Meguiars is good stuff car is looking really good. Keep us posted of any problems that pop up or just keep us posted even if it is running good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice Pics. Blue Ray Metallic sure does look good on the new Cruze.
That blue ray sure looks different than the media photos. Meguiars is good stuff car is looking really good. Keep us posted of any problems that pop up or just keep us posted even if it is running good.
It's really interesting - almost a color shift. Sometime's it looks black, others a deep purple. I tried to catch it in the setting sun, but it wouldn't cooperate.

Beautiful car!!! I want one now. After my weekend, maybe the the 2016s are "rock proof" LOL.
Ha, I wish. I have a chip already on the bumper.

The wheel covers are painted and clear coated, treat them exactly like you would treat your paint. Wax and all
Great idea! I may have to wait until next weekend though. I haven't hand waxed a car for a long time (my wife's minivan would be killer) and my arms are just spaghetti today.

Any ideas for the steelies underneath? I'm hoping to keep them black as can be to provide the contrast.

·
Super Moderator
5,101 Posts
Nice!

Is this the 1st 2016 member we have?
Yes bbelnap is our first 2016 owner and he was nice enough to provide us with very nice pics all the way around even under the car for the new oil filter. There is another guy he has the 2016 Limited model not the 2nd generation like this.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Starting to really like the new generation. Im just hoping all the kinks are worked out unlike the 11's.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very very nice! I would not drive that thing, it looks so **** good!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just looks like it came off the showroom floor! Got it looking mint!! Like a trailer queen! Take it whatever way you want. Bottom line...it looks really nice as stated earlier.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks very sharp.. waiting on my local dealership to have an MT Cruze and maybe it'll be my time to join the club!

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
I've finally gotten around to the photos people have been asking for. Took me a while to get the car washed and waxed, but here she is, all dolled up with shined shoes.

I used mostly Meguiars stuff, Gold Class Car Wash and kit, Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Wax (2 thin coats), and Meguiars Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Coating.

Not sure how to take care of the wheel covers on the steelies.

View attachment 190330 View attachment 190338 View attachment 190346 View attachment 190354 View attachment 190362 View attachment 190370 View attachment 190378 View attachment 190386 View attachment 190394 View attachment 190402 View attachment 190410 View attachment 190418 View attachment 190426 View attachment 190434 View attachment 190442 View attachment 190450

Looks really good......nice way to spend the day....now you can frett over that first stone chip, darn it.

The plastic wheel covers are painted so just use a non-cleaner type wax on them to maintain the sheen.......cleaner waxes will tend to erode the thin paint on the covers.
Also, the black steel wheels are paint only.....no clear coat....so you may find, if going for that showpiece look, it beneficial to remove the covers, fluff and buff, and then wash/wax the rims.....again using a wax only (non-cleaner) to maintain the deep black and stop surface corrosion.
Just one of those details that most owners miss.

Rob

1 - 20 of 23 Posts