Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Chevy Cruze lt that seems to be giving me more and more problems.

check engine light had been on for a while and throwing the code p1101 only, so I replaced the MAf sensor, and cleared the code (or so I thought). Engine light still illuminated and it was still giving the same code…I figured all was fine considering I just replaced it. At the time I replaced the sensor, I did notice that the connection/wiring seemed a bit loose….

fast forward less than a week and my check engine light is still on and it’s now giving off two additional codes. It now throws out p1101/p0101/p0299.The loss of power is substantial enough that I have chosen to not drive the car until I get this issue addressed…

the rpms go extremely high and it sounds as if the engine is never Going to shift gears….the other day I was going 40 MPh and the rpms were up to 6000

forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but technically I am when it comes to cars. I’m trying to avoid having to go to a mechanic as I don’t have the money for that and am on a fixed income for the time being.

What do any of you suggest I check first? What have I done wrong?

· Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
14,165 Posts
I have a 2016 Chevy Cruze lt that seems to be giving me more and more problems.

check engine light had been on for a while and throwing the code p1101 only, so I replaced the MAf sensor, and cleared the code (or so I thought). Engine light still illuminated and it was still giving the same code…I figured all was fine considering I just replaced it. At the time I replaced the sensor, I did notice that the connection/wiring seemed a bit loose….

fast forward less than a week and my check engine light is still on and it’s now giving off two additional codes. It now throws out p1101/p0101/p0299.The loss of power is substantial enough that I have chosen to not drive the car until I get this issue addressed…

the rpms go extremely high and it sounds as if the engine is never Going to shift gears….the other day I was going 40 MPh and the rpms were up to 6000

forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but technically I am when it comes to cars. I’m trying to avoid having to go to a mechanic as I don’t have the money for that and am on a fixed income for the time being.

What do any of you suggest I check first? What have I done wrong?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Potential causes for this trouble code, p0101, may include:
Dirty or contaminated mass air flow sensor
Failed MAF sensor
Intake air leaks
MAF sensor electrical harness or wiring problem (open, shorted, frayed, poor connection, etc.)
Clogged catalytic converter on some models (GMC/Chevrolet mainly)
Note that other codes may be present if you have a P0101. You may have misfire codes or O2 sensor codes, so it's important to take a "big picture" look at how the systems work together and effect each other when doing a diagnosis.
Read more at: P0101 Trouble Code - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Circuit Range/Performance Problem

Potential causes of a P0299 turbo underboost code include:
Intake (induction) air restriction or leak
Failed or damaged turbocharger (sticking, binding, etc.)
Faulty boost/charge pressure sensor
Read more at: P0299 Turbocharger/Supercharger A Underboost Condition

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.