Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

2016 Cruze LT p0101/p1101/p0299

8K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Blasirl 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 Chevy Cruze lt that seems to be giving me more and more problems.

check engine light had been on for a while and throwing the code p1101 only, so I replaced the MAf sensor, and cleared the code (or so I thought). Engine light still illuminated and it was still giving the same code…I figured all was fine considering I just replaced it. At the time I replaced the sensor, I did notice that the connection/wiring seemed a bit loose….

fast forward less than a week and my check engine light is still on and it’s now giving off two additional codes. It now throws out p1101/p0101/p0299.The loss of power is substantial enough that I have chosen to not drive the car until I get this issue addressed…

the rpms go extremely high and it sounds as if the engine is never Going to shift gears….the other day I was going 40 MPh and the rpms were up to 6000

forgive me for sounding like an idiot, but technically I am when it comes to cars. I’m trying to avoid having to go to a mechanic as I don’t have the money for that and am on a fixed income for the time being.

What do any of you suggest I check first? What have I done wrong?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.