Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the group! i just recently purchased a 2016 Cruze LT w/ the new 1.4L Ecotec Turbo.. i have started to lightly modify it and have information for anyone who is interested in modifying their 2016 (new body) Cruze and what to expect. I also have installed a subwoofer in the car as well, and i have some information about what to expect after installing one. if anyone has questions, please feel free to ask, and ill upload pictures and provide as much info as needed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I just bought a 2016 on saturday.
I got the LT with the RS package.
What modifications have you done? Ive had no luck finding anything definitive for our year.
And as far as the subwoofer goes, did you use the factory stereo? And is there any factory wires in place for sub installation?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So far i have just done a custom intake, and i am redoing that this week since i have done more research and can fully custom make one from the turbo inlet, and im still trying to locate the correct Vacuum line for a boost gauge. i have also replaced the factory 9005 lightbulbs, with the Silverstar ZXE lightbulbs and have incredible success being that the headlights are projector style.

as far as the subwoofer goes, i did use the factory stereo, and it has worked fantastically in conjunction with the Auto-Volume and Equalizer. The only way i have seen any kind of factory subwoofer connections, is if you purchased the sun and sound package, which basically added bose speakers, and 2 6x9 subwoofers in the rear deck. which to me, adding a subwoofer was more worth it than the Bose system in my personal opinion. i can say because there is no replacement for after market head units, id recommend to use the factory headunit, and find a subwoofer like Kicker's Bass Stations. luckily, the subwoofer i purchased was simple to install, but not so easy to connect to the rear door speakers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just to give you a heads up also, they have had 3 recalls for our Cruze's so far, id check with your dealership to see if your cruze has them. #1 Badly crimped seat clip (which holds the driver and passenger seat in place when you adjust the forward and backward positions) #2 Loose ground wire off of the battery #3 Improperly labeled headlight adjustment markings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd like more info on the subwoofer install.
Me too. Because while it does sound nice stock, sxm 51 amd 52 def could do with some extea oomph. I wanted to put at least 1 12inch in the trunk. Realistically could fit 2 15's but thats not necessary lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Crutchfield sells a Kicker sub/processor that works in tandem with the stock unit but the price is too high, I think, at this time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just looked and saw the spot for the 6x9 speakers. Didnt wanna tear the liner off without knowing, so does anybody know where the wires are to wire some puppies in there? Im sure they have to be there for ease of dealer installation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The spots for the 6x9 speakers are for the Bose Audio upgraded system. In order to install any sort of speakers you'll have to replace the rear deck interior piece with the Bose Audio rear deck piece. As the stock one, does not have the cut outs, or cut out your own holes for the speakers. They only have the cut outs for the speakers on the frame. There is no wiring running to the rear deck for any speakers, as the Bose Audio system comes with an amplifier, and the wiring for the 6x9 speakers. I personally believe adding a subwoofer is a better option then cutting up the rear deck interior piece just to add 6x9 speakers, as the open slots in the frame, almost act as like a passthru for a subwoofer and the sound produced by one. I currently have a Memphis Audio SRX10 single coil, installed in a ported box, and an SRX250 amplifier with a remote bass control. And just that alone added to the stock speaker set up has been sometimes way too much. But having the adjustable bass control made that problem disappear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used that Kicker Combo you are talking about, and it performed poorly.. and when I say poorly, the stock speakers pushed out more bass then the sub did.. but that me due to the fact that I did not get the $499 sub/amp combo.. I personally recommend getting a subwoofer, and an amp separately..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts